What would you do?

Options
mauck7
mauck7 Posts: 74
I changed my mind. It doesn't matter what you would do.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "You people are all the same"?! You lost any sympathy I had right there.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You don't mess with Mama bear. But at the same time, you could have said something like "You're excused. But you should really try not being so rude next time, then you won't have to excuse yourself. Have a nice day."
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think I would have reacted a little differently had my children been with me. I wasn't there, so it's hard to say.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What would I have done? Probably given the woman the hairy eyeball, said "Fine. Excuse me." then pushed my way through whether she moved or not, and then called the police and the building management (and let mgmt know what the police had to say) to file a complaint as she was obviously attempting to threaten you and was endangering your child. Engaging someone who is hostile is never a good idea.
  • mauck7
    Options
    Your assuming I'm saying something I'm not. I could care less what you think it means. If someone is purposely blocking me from my child and acting like trash, I will tell them so! You DONT come between a mother and her child. I never once made any remarks on what anyone looked like so it seems as though you are the one who is making judgement.

P.S. Im not looking for sympathy, I'm simply giving another example of how people treat other people, just to do it.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Yeah... that wasn't your greatest moment girl. You should have qualified it with "fat people". It would have probably gotten her just as angry, but you wouldn't have played the race card. And maybe you could have controlled the conversation by asking her if she wanted to join you on MFP. Saying something like ... "when I was big, I didn't have paitience for skinny people either. So I decided to get skinny & feel better about myself. Wanna go running sometime?" She probably would have backed off if you started in on trying to coax her into exercising. Fat people who aren't ready to do anything about being fat tend to think that active people are NUTS. She probably would have bailed FAST.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    wtf is the matter with you? all who are all the same? sounds like she was being rude because she's pissed off with you complaining about her all the time but never once just knocking on her door and explaining what your problem is.

also, i don't think you're going to win any friends coming on here (hello *waves* lots of overweight people) and bragging about how you started insulting someone about the way they look and how heavy they are *slow clap* you're a hero.

i bet she can't WAIT for you to move.
  • mauck7
    Options
    I didnt play the race card. I am so far from racist is unreal. I worked at a healthcare company and I heard everyday on the phone "you people did this and you people did that" In no way was that racist. So why is it that Im being accused of this!!!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this type of behavior seems to be commonplace anymore. I'm sorry you had to deal with her and I completely understand how you feel. You handled yourself well because I probably would be in jail right now.....lol :flowerforyou:
  • cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options

Did you happen to think that when she said this comment "you people are all the same?" she was referring to adults acting like children, rude, or just unbearable people?? There was no discrimination done in this.

And girl, if it was me.... as the mother of four small children I would have done the same thing and everyone on here can say what they want but when you are a mother...... you protect, no matter what the circumstances. Sometimes you can't help what comes out of your mouth, that's human nature, and a girl's attitude. LOL.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Did you happen to think that when she said this comment "you people are all the same?" she was referring to adults acting like children, rude, or just unbearable people?? There was no discrimination done in this.

No, I know exactly what it meant.
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get that you are frustrated, but please understand. You posted the topic and asked "What would you do?" People are going to respond and give you an OPINION. None of us were there with you to know exactly what you are dealing with, but I'm sure everybody can understand getting frustrated and arguments never sound the same out loud as they did in our minds. I'm sorry you had such an intense issue with a neighbor (I've had outrageously hellish neighbors before too!), but please don't take it out on the MFP community for possibly misreading your story or just not knowing you well enough to know what you truly meant. :flowerforyou:
  • mauck7
    Options
    Yes, but judging someone is completely different then saying what you would do.....
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I'm sorry if I seem nosy, and I promise I won't judge.. but what happened? I'm only curious and if you don't want to say I understand.
  • mauck7
    Options
    I'm sorry if I seem nosy, and I promise I won't judge.. but what happened? I'm only curious and if you don't want to say I understand.

Neighbor lady (who is mad cause I have called on her about noise) Met me between the 2nd and third flight of stairs, then stepped between my 2 yr old and I. She set a 4 foot laundry basket down in front of me and my 9 month old and wouldnt let me by... just to do it. I may have not been the most polite but I dont know ANYONE that would have been nice and calm while your two your old is about to FALL down 2 flights of stairs cause this lady wouldnt let me by!!!

All of you judging me and telling me what I did or didnt do wrong.. I don't care. This wasnt titled "please judge me and make me feel bad cause some stranger was endangering my child... and I didnt make her feel all warm and fuzzy inside"

You know what? I'm not a mean person. I'm not out to "get" people. I just didnt want to watch my child fall down 2 flights of stairs cause some woman was standing in my way, JUST TO DO IT!!!

In the end, HER husband came and apologized to my HUSBAND about how she treated ME.... Doesn't that tell you that I wasn't the wrong one?? People are not going to drive to a strangers work to apologize for someones actions if they were not in the wrong..

And to the person who said "WTF... and blah blah blah.." I hope you have a wonderful day. :-)

ALL of you people on here saying I was racist need to stop reading into things. I'm not. Not once did I mention any color of skin so maybe you are the ones being racist?? Interesting huh....
  • mauck7
    Options
    wtf is the matter with you? all who are all the same? sounds like she was being rude because she's pissed off with you complaining about her all the time but never once just knocking on her door and explaining what your problem is.

also, i don't think you're going to win any friends coming on here (hello *waves* lots of overweight people) and bragging about how you started insulting someone about the way they look and how heavy they are *slow clap* you're a hero.

It's people like you that make the world so different. :-)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    sounds like harrassment to me, id have been terrified
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options

It's people like you that make the world so different. :-)