Just getting started again at 50

Options
Its now or never for me to get up off the coach. This first week has been really tough but am determined to keep it going. Easiest way i have ever found to keep track of whats going in. time to get the good stuff

Replies

• 2SandyCheeks
    Options
    Fellow child of the 60's here. There's an app for many of the smartphones, too. The more you keep track of what you're eating, the better you'll stick to your goals. If you're not sure of serving sizes, I highly recommend getting a kitchen scale.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Glad you have toughed out your first week! You will be in the groove in no time!

Good luck!
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    I started at 60 and have already lost 18 pounds with about another 25 to go. But this thing works at any age. Pants that didn't fit before are now loose and pretty soon I'll have to abandon them for new, smaller waistlines. It's fun to look in a mirror naked!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 50 - what a wake up call! Nothing like realizing that you better get moving now, while you still can. This is a great place for motivation, inspiration and education. My journey is slower than some (old habits die hard, lol) but I keep learning and log everything. At least I am more aware of my bad choices now. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    welcome!! i started here in may at age 57. i'm now finding i can't go a day without logging or exercising!! getting started is the hard part and it sounds like you have done that already. best of luck in your journey!! :bigsmile:
  • sw9497
    sw9497 Posts: 2
    Options
    Better late than never, you can do it! :wink:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm knocking at the door of 50 myself, and totally agree - do it now! Everyone's journey is different, but as long as you're still moving, you're still in the game! Good luck!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    At 50, it's not as easy as it used to be. I'm glad for MFP. It's better this time, by learning how to eat right, not just diet!!! Congrats, and Good Luck!! :bigsmile:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Going double nickles this year and thought I would never lose weight again but this site has given me new hope. 45 down and counting!
  • dltang
    dltang Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 in a couple of months, so I am not all that far behind. I am now in the end of my 5th week of P90X. It hasn't been easy, and I haven't always wanted to do my workouts, but I always make myself do them, and I feel better afterwards. I also starting riding my bicycle again. I rode quite a bit in my teens and early 20's and it feels good to know I can go out and knock out 10 miles with relative ease again. It is never too late. Just keep doing what needs to be done. Get the mobile app on your phone, check in often and record everything. The people here are great and start a blog. Blog for yourself, don't worry if anyone else is reading it or not. You will be amazed at your journey and your progress.
  • CeeZee
    CeeZee Posts: 7
    Options
    Just finishing my first week and much easier now .Harder in our 50's but we have determination! Keep it up!
  • pappycanoli
    pappycanoli Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks for all the resoponses. this may be the best part of the entire sight. Never had so many positive stories and awesome encourgement.

You guys are all awesome, THANKS.