Is it normal for a 5'0 girl like me to weigh 49 kg?

Options
I know I eat a lot while I'm nowhere near active and I'm getting anxious for my health. I want to change my lifestyle with this app and lose some weight and I'm just wondering if 49 kilograms or 108 pounds is normal for me? I just turned 18 and I'm only 5'0 and still growing.

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    yes. perfectly normal. on the slim side in fact. Getting healthy is not necessarily the same as losing weight. Find an activity you like, a sport, martial art...
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    you're BMI is 21, the healthy range for you is 43-58.3 kg, so you're doing perfectly fine, a little on the skinny side if anything, but as you said, you're still young. Maybe aim to increase muscle, and tone instead of losing weight
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to worry about weight loss. Just focus on eating better, for your health, not the way you look.
  • Sarabear_20
    Sarabear_20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also 18, 5'0 and about 107 pounds. I think this is an average weight for a girl our size but it also depends on where you retain your body fat. I'm pear shaped and I would love to lose more weight on my bottom half, hopefully get back down to 102. But i think toning your body would help a lot more than trying to lose a lot of weight since you are already at a healthy weight for your height.