Help on weight loss product

Options
I have just baught the tesco brand ultra slim chocolate shake i was going too buy slimfast but these was cheaper. Just wanting advice on if they work really thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you in a calorie deficit, it works. But many people don't find them satisfying or lasting, instead choosing to focus on proper nutrition within their calories.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything going.....for the safety of others I now have food. (Hanger and an office environment don't mix if you want people to live)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    They are food. They work like any other food. Too many calories and you'll gain weight. Too few and you lose. If they help you to stay on track, that's fine. I couldn't stay satisfied on shakes.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    They work if you stick with it... I used wal mart brand years ago to jump start my weight loss.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of those slim-fast-like shakes are mainly sugar and I get the same kind of sugar crash afterwards that I get from other high sugar items.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I used Muscle Milk and Optimum Nutrition. I felt they were of superior quality and are nutritious. Slim Fast has a lot of sugar.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have just baught the tesco brand ultra slim chocolate shake i was going too buy slimfast but these was cheaper. Just wanting advice on if they work really thanks

It's just food in a bottle that is meant to replace an entire meal. do some research on nutrition, calories and calorie tracking. Use the message boards, check all the stickys... after you've spent allot of time to understand how your body works and what you need to do, you will see that you just wasted your money.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I looked at a Slim Fast Shake and it had 19 grams of sugar. Check those labels.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You don't need any of the weight loss products on the market. From a calorie and nutritional point of view they will work. The question is do you plan on doing this long-term or short-term. You have to look at this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.

Personally if I had to drink the shakes or the replacement meals I couldn't do it they wouldn't fill me up. I'd rather eat something solid. Plus the cost is a lot more than a meal I can prepare.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I keep some in the cupboard for emergencies, and some at work for when I forget my lunch.

However, at home I never have just the shakes. Google slim fast recipe. Chocolate powder and cherry is lovely and filling, chocolate and mint refreshing. Chocolate with banana and peanut butter yummy.

But given the option I prefer food, but for emergencies they are great.

For some people shakes works a treat, you might be one of them. CICO is still the key. I just prefer to chew my food instead of drinking it. Personal preference.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Iv got some of them in the cupboard, mainly have them for breakfast but not very often (iv had like 2 in the last 3 weeks)

i have them there because Im not great at eating in the morning, makes me feel sicky, i never used to have breakfast for that reason BUT that means by the time I do eat IM STARVING and scoff way too much.
    when I first started using myfp I found that having breakfast really did help but for the sicky feeling i was looking for a way of having breakfast without eating if that makes sense lol.
    also its quick and easy when trying to get 4 kids out the door to school and feed and change a baby, so the shakes really helped and fit in well with my day, however over time i gradually got used to eating in the morning so dont tend to use them as often now.

as for "do they work" well the work if you log them like all food and stay in your calorie goal, its not magic and wont MAKE you loose weight, its just a VERY low calorie meal and inless you also drink ALOT of water before and after I found they really dont fill you up or keep you going because you just feel as though you had a drink so think your hungry still