One Year On! Stats & Pics Inside!

Options
NovaDuck
NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
In 2013 I joined MFP (different account). I lost 25lb back then, and then failed miserably. By July 2015 I had put it all back on and then extra! I don't even know how much I weighed. All I know is that my relatives visited from Australia and when I saw the photos with them... I knew I had to do something about my weight. :s

I was pretty much 181lb when I started losing weight, and then 179lb when I started tracking everything.

A little bit of background: I'm a gamer. I absolutely LOVE gaming. PC gaming. My favourite game is Path of Exile and I've spent 2500hrs playing it over the last 2 years. It helped me put on the weight (but is not sole cause). I also have social and general anxiety, which hasn't been a great help. On top of those, I was working self-employed as a designer for a while, so I was literally on my PC all day, except when sleeping (yep, even eating). It was stressful and I hated it (the self-employment). I didn't work for over a year after quitting that. Just played games.

I play games less now (but still my main hobby), I'm much more active (I ran a 5k two weeks ago) and I'm working again with a steady income. I registered for an Open University course, which starts in October, in Sports, Fitness and Management (personal training probably, but I have been toying with the idea of being a PE teacher).

Stats July 2015:

Weight: 181lb / 82kg
Waist: 36in
Hip: 42in
Bust: 41in
Thigh: 27in
BP: 126/75
Resting HR: 68

How things have changed! (I haven't measured myself in a while, or done my BP, but these were my last stats anyway).

Stats July 2016:

Weight: 141lb / 64kg
Waist: 29.5in
Hip: 36in
Bust: 36in
Thigh: 24in
BP: 107/66
Resting HR: 52

I was highly inactive before last July (obviously). I started off with walking a short while, which gradually turned into longer and longer walks. Nowadays I'm running home from work every day (only 1.3km), Mondays I do a quick 3km run, Wednesdays I tempo run and Friday's a 5km+ runs. I do other workouts as well, like strength training and HIIT, depending on how I feel.

I still have over 20lb I'd like to lose (my initial goal is 115lb, but I'll likely shift up to 120 when I maintain). I'll decide after that what I want to achieve body and health wise!

ETA: I'm 5'3" by the way.

Now, some photos!

This was last year when my relatives visited and the photos that made me kick myself in the butt !

76f1t56vd0lt.jpg

Face comparison (26 June on the right):
6w43n7djlq8a.jpg

Front and side (start left, today right):
br7c8e4mbi9h.jpg
8lniri0coz72.jpg

Last one. A thumbs up after my run home on Friday! :D
703h39wkpl05.jpg

Replies

• traceyc83
    traceyc83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your commitment and taking action! Way to go!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation ... can I ask how tall are you?
  • NovaDuck
    Options
    Rowood101 wrote: »
    What an amazing transformation ... can I ask how tall are you?

Sorry, forgot to add that in my post. I'm 5'3!

• pacman9270
    pacman9270 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great work! Congrats!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-that's amazing!! Congrats on your success!! :)
  • NovaDuck
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • NovaDuck
    Options
    Great job!

Thank you! :)
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great and I only hope to be able to say I've been able to have the discipline and motivation to stick through this for a year at the very least. Also, your eyes are beautiful!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on all your progress!
  • Erephyre
    Erephyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishments! You look great! I want your khaki pants, lol.
  • NovaDuck
    Options
    mpkanewske wrote: »
    You look great and I only hope to be able to say I've been able to have the discipline and motivation to stick through this for a year at the very least. Also, your eyes are beautiful!

Stay strong and you'll do awesome! I found that I stuck with it because I really wanted it! :) And thank you! :blush:
    Erephyre wrote: »
    Awesome accomplishments! You look great! I want your khaki pants, lol.

hah, that's funny actually, as everyone seems to want them! They were cheap too. :D

Many thanks everyone. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!