Hey Everyone!

Options
Hey!
My name is Lindsay and I am 18 years old turning 19 in a month. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. I am very bi polar in terms of my weight sometimes I think I look fine and I am totally comfortable with my weight; other times I hate my weight and wish I could drop it. I have decided to stop this bipolar behavior and get rid of the weight problem all together. Which is how I ended up here. I am not very accountable to myself as far as trying to lose weight so hopefully having to be accountable to this site might help me stick to this plan. Im hoping anyway. If any of you know how I feel or wish to talk feel free I love making friends and having people who really don't even know me support me could mean the world. Have a great day everyone and happy weightloss!

Replies

• bodybliss2
    bodybliss2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Lindsay, I know what you mean about having 'bi-polar' weight, LOL. I too have just joined this website and so far I think its fantastic! My goal is to lose 15kg, it seems so daunting but I know by reading others stories that it CAN be done and it IS attainable! Good luck!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I hope you can break the "cycle" and meet your goals.
    There are a lot of helpful, encouraging & inspirational people here.
    feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • IamMsDeniece
    Options
    Good for you! I can tell you that as long as you stick to it, you can do it! It's been a week for me and I have lost three pounds already! Having to take the time to log everything in is rough at first, but it makes you aware of what you are eating and how much sugars and fats too....eeew! I feel great and haven't had a migraine since I started the MyFitnessPal diet schedule. Woohoo! Don't give up! You can do it!
  • dopehat
    dopehat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Lindsay. You've made the first step so that's positive change and something to be proud of already! I've been using myfitness pal for a little while now and it's really great. If you just stick with it, it will really help you! I've only just added some friends as of a few days ago but I think that will really help out. Feel free to add me if you like, the more friends the better I say! :)