Cheat meal ?

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello there all,
I was thinking of having a cheat meal today, today is the last day of ramadan, I have been fasting today as well, I was thinking of having a cheat meal, I have been eating at maintance calories because of the long fasts, I have still been training hard, I was training legs yesterday.
I was thinking of having one today, it would put me over by 700 calories, I dont know what to do, I have been craving this cheat meal for a long time, I will do cardio over this week to burn some off, I want your opinions.

Replies

• alisone3
    alisone3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a cheat!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Could you wait until you weren't fasting? That way you could better fit it into your macros for the day. Just a thought. If I'm craving something specific, I'll try to eat less at other meals to fit it in. Also, I watch my portion size. For example, a fancy food truck is coming to my work tomorrow and I love their food. I'm going to get a sandwich and only eat half and bring fruit from home instead of getting fries. I get the yummy food I want, and I'm only over 50 calories tomorrow which I will burn off with a long walk! My diary is public if you want to check out my planned meals for tomorrow.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    700 calories is only a fifth of a pound, or about three ounces of weight. Go for it. :)
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Could you wait until you weren't fasting? That way you could better fit it into your macros for the day. Just a thought. If I'm craving something specific, I'll try to eat less at other meals to fit it in. Also, I watch my portion size. For example, a fancy food truck is coming to my work tomorrow and I love their food. I'm going to get a sandwich and only eat half and bring fruit from home instead of getting fries. I get the yummy food I want, and I'm only over 50 calories tomorrow which I will burn off with a long walk! My diary is public if you want to check out my planned meals for tomorrow.

There is no food at home, I could not be bothered cooking plus iv been really craving it lol.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I say go for it. Ramadan comes but once a year.

Having said that, I don't think you should call it a "cheat meal". Call it a treat meal instead. No point wasting guilt, save it for when you do something REALLY bad. Eating a bigger meal than usual does not qualify, imo.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Eat it and enjoy! But it's not cheating. You are logging it and balancing it with the average of the rest of the week and exercise.

We all have meals that, if we eat what we really like, we are going to go over our daily calorie goal. But it's not cheating if we make ourselves accountable for it.