48lbs gone, 48lbs to go. Halfway pics

Options
Katiex100
Katiex100 Posts: 19 Member
This is my half way progress story! I, like many on here, was over weight my whole life and teased all through school. My mom had my brother and I on and off of fad diets every year it seems like. Sometimes I would lose, sometimes not, but I would always gain it back plus some.every time. When i was in high school i tried diet pills (not proud!), I would look for the best seller or best rated and I would buy it regardless of cost. They worked well if you are looking for something to make you jittery, nausiated, and broke, otherwise they did nothing. When I was 19 I started running on a treadmill and I loved it! I started losing so quickly  that it made me want to start working out more in general . It was all great until I found out you CAN out run a bad diet, BUT if you slow down or have to stop, it will slam into you like a ton of bricks, or 100lbs of fat in my case. I had moved out of my house where I had built my own little home gym and stopped working out completely. In a little over a year, I put all my weight back on. Plus some. About a year and a half ago I found mfp. I started logging my food and staying within my calorie goal and weight started coming off, I lost 40lbs in about 5 months. I thought I could do it on my own without logging so I quit logging for almost a year, I gained 12 lbs back in that time. When I realized what was happening I got back on mfp and started logging again. It has been 3 months and I am down to my lowest weight in years. I am only half way to goal but still very happy with the progress! In the last couple months I also started lifting heavy(for me) and kick boxing and have fallen back in love with exercise. Only this time, my diet is in check!
High weight:227
Current: 179
Goal: HAPPY N HEALTHY.
height: 5'7
28years old.
mcd3o1fz8uvl.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!