30 day shredders!

Options
Anyone currently doing a shred? I'm on level 2 right now dying.

Replies

• cmaskery
    cmaskery Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I went into level 2 yesterday .... Felt the difference and my upper body really knew about it. Surprisingly I am not sore today like undid when u started level 1 ???
  • marmsworthy628
    marmsworthy628 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 1 and I'm already dying! I'm looking forward to seeing results. Have you seen any progress?
  • mabby77zani
    mabby77zani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im on the third day of the first level. When do you switch to level 2?
  • cmaskery
    cmaskery Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I switched to level 2 after 10 days of level 1- I did level 1 8 days in a row and then had a rest day before doing the last 2 T that level
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm not super sore either! The workout is so hard for me though those oblique planks at the end daaaaaaaamn. I switched to level 2 after 12 days of level one. I do shred mon tues thur fri and wed and sat I run, or workout out on my treadclimber. And Sunday is my day of rest. Lol I have lost so many inches and 5 pounds! Started on the 6th of June, weighing again this Friday, and checking my inches next Wednesday to see total loss.
  • sarajean123
    sarajean123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im starting it up again on Sunday night but I did it last time and lost about 14 lbs....love this program
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've just started. Found it not too bad, challenging but managable. I'm not fit so I did the easy push ups and was a bit slower on the jumping jacks, but I got through without stopping. Day two I could feel the muscles from day one, but not too sore, so I think that's about right. I don't have hand weights so I'm using water bottles which are only 750gm (1.5lb) each.
    Hoping to improve my aerobic fitness and trim my stomach a bit and some general toning.
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    I love the shred! level 2 is killer but I'm down another pound and my inches lost are incredible. 14 lbs is amazing! Ivy you'll be surprised how much easier it'll get! Until you get to level 2 but you'll be ready to move on and for more challenges! I'd invest in some 3lb hand weights or maybe try soup cans when your ready to up your weights! I used 3lb all through level 1 and am now using 5lb for level 2 :) Good luck to you all on your shred journey! If anyone wants to talk about the workouts or just need a fitness friend feel free to add me!
  • mindyvolv
    mindyvolv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is this a video?
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    Yup look up the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's made up of three levels, and can be done in a couple different ways. :) The first two levels are on YouTube if you want to see the workouts. It's super inexpensive to buy it on Amazon.
  • mindyvolv
    mindyvolv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response!
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    Of course anytime!
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level one and i am quite tired
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1 and am looking forward to actually completing the whole program this time. I lost about 15 lbs before my wedding doing the shred 3 years ago but never completed level 3. I have gained it all back since then (and then some) so am starting from scratch!
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    I know it's tiring stash but hang in there. When you need a rest day make sure you take it. I know some people do it 30 days straight but it's not recommended. Working the same muscle groups repeatedly can really wear them out! Have some cardio days to give your muscles a breather.
    Dash 15 lbs and no level 3 is super impressive! I had done it once before but got burnt out during level 1. This time I'm 6 days into level 2 and have been at it for almost a month! I'm doing 3 weeks for each level 4 days on 2 days cardio 1 rest day! I've lost so many inches it's unreal. Lol level 2 is no joke.
  • gsm12
    gsm12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1 of Phase 2 after 15 days of Phase 1, with some extra rest days due to doms. I feel like my endurance and strength is definitely up- I upped my weights twice during phase 1. By the end of Phase 1, I really felt like I had the hang of this HIIT training, but boy, Phase 2 kicked my butt! I liked the moves a little more but definitely took some quick breaks. Let's see how it goes!

I feel so much better than I did when I started, my diet has helped there too, and the weight is coming off so I've just got to believe in the process! Considering I can watch TV while I do it (once I've got the hang of the moves) and it's only 30 minutes, it's hard to mentally justify not doing it.

Height: 5"4
    SW: 182
    CW: 174
    GW: 165 (short term goal)
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    That's awesome great job! :) I just got over my doms and boooooy did it hurt. I'm on day 7 of level 2 and I enjoy it but I'm with you when you say it kicks your butt! I'm worn out when I'm done. I stared with 3lb weights and now I'm using 5lb. I definitely feel stronger, and my cardio workouts such as my jogging has gotten so much better! I'm glad you're kicking some shred *kitten* keep up the great work!!
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    Omg kitten I've never said a curse word here before
  • ktamms15
    ktamms15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love the shred, but i always face the same problem when I start it up again, MY SHINS HURT so bad on level 1! I know its from the jumping jacks/jumprope, and I dont know what else to do for that time that raises my heart rate, but doesnt involve jumping!
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    I know that pain very well. When I started I had just had my baby a few weeks before and couldn't do the jumping jacks at all so I would run in place or do high knees. You could do some squats? Or maybe some calf raises or lunges? You could try a combo too.