How do you stay motivated?!?!

Options
I have recently lost 75 lbs in the past year and am pretty much at my goal weight (could stand to loose another 5-10 lbs) and I am focusing on toning now. I am having a hard time with it though because for the past year I saw the numbers on the scale drop almost daily, but now I'm just steady! I noticed my motivation is declining and I am being a little too lenient with my diet. What are some good tips to stay motivated???

Replies

• debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you!!! That is a great way think to consider before making a bad choice!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have to do this - sometimes you can't always do it.
    But your brains says 'lets just skip the gym, we're too tired, and besides we don't want to do it'
    and you think. 'Hmm I see what you're saying, but if I give in now, will I feel like crap about it? Will I find it easier not to go tomorrow?' It may only seem like one time but it could have larger repercussions. You look at a doughnut and say 'This doesn't match the goal I set for myself, I will plan to have a doughnut on my day off.' Don't tell yourself you can't have the doughnut because you will fixate on it and nothing with satisfy you but eating the doughnut.
    You could say. OK, I'm tired today and working out might be a bad idea because I might injure myself. But tomorrow I will continue as normal. You have to allow yourself some flexibility because if you don't bend, you break. Always keep your eye on the prize.

And other platitudes...
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go on Pinterest and look at all the clothes I'm uncomfortable wearing in my current weight and imagine the day when I can wear whatever I want comfortably.
  • debrahbeger
    Options
    Thats a good one! Haha I think my main one right now is remembering if I gain weight back I'll have to buy new clothes again
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This is why fixating on the scale can be such a negative...focus on health and fitness...the scale is only one tiny little minuscule aspect of your health and fitness but people treat it like the be all and end all. Establish some fitness goals...go out and achieve those goals.

Also, motivation is an overrated emotion...take the emotion out of it...I do the things I do because they are what I do...just like going to work or vacuuming the house or doing the dishes, etc...these are things that just need to get done so I do them. If I didn't take care of my house, it would turn into a filthy sty and fall apart...my body is no different...my body is my house...take care of your house.
  • charlittefield824
    charlittefield824 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How did u lose all the weight? I'm trying so hard.. Really been good with calories and exercise but my weight loss has just stopped!! Really feeling demotivated!!
  • Breezyy32
    Breezyy32 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How did u lose all the weight? I'm trying so hard.. Really been good with calories and exercise but my weight loss has just stopped!! Really feeling demotivated!!
    Don't know nothing about your diet or exercise routines but in the past I used to eat the same meals and do the same exercise routine everyday and stopped losing weight. Once I changed it up still eating to the same calorie goal but with different meals and exercise routine I started to lose again
  • lauranewman130
    lauranewman130 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I always remember where I came from and focus on being grateful for how good I feel and look from the work I did to get here. I do not want to go back to being overweight. I also think about how blessed I am that I have legs to run, and a healthy body I can move. We take it for granted that we can. Imagine if you couldn't and how bad you'd wish you could get off the couch to run, workout , Etc.
  • BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When my doctor said lose weight and get healthy or die that's all the motivation I needed.
  • debrahbeger
    Options

I just used MFP and slowly made a workout routine. It definitely was not easy but as long as I stuck to my routine i would do good. What kinds of things are you doing???
  • debrahbeger
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is why fixating on the scale can be such a negative...focus on health and fitness...the scale is only one tiny little minuscule aspect of your health and fitness but people treat it like the be all and end all. Establish some fitness goals...go out and achieve those goals.

Also, motivation is an overrated emotion...take the emotion out of it...I do the things I do because they are what I do...just like going to work or vacuuming the house or doing the dishes, etc...these are things that just need to get done so I do them. If I didn't take care of my house, it would turn into a filthy sty and fall apart...my body is no different...my body is my house...take care of your house.

I love this!!! Thank you!!
  • debrahbeger
    Options
    I always remember where I came from and focus on being grateful for how good I feel and look from the work I did to get here. I do not want to go back to being overweight. I also think about how blessed I am that I have legs to run, and a healthy body I can move. We take it for granted that we can. Imagine if you couldn't and how bad you'd wish you could get off the couch to run, workout , Etc.

That is very true. Never thought of that. Thank you :)
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It's time to reset your goals. For one reason or another you found the Y that motivated you to do this. That why was a totally selfish and I'm not saying it in a negative aspect it's what got you to do what you did.

Now it's time to find that other why that will get you through the next phase which is you want to tone. Find out why you want to tone and if it's for Pure vanity and that's what's going to carry you through there's nothing wrong with that as long as the vanity is an outwards.

There's a simple reality to Nature. Things have to move forward or backwards if they don't move they stagnate and die. One last thing realize your worth it