Breastfeeding and weight loss

Options
SJ1OAM
SJ1OAM Posts: 13 Member
Hello I have just joined and I am looking for support and to offer support with weight loss and breastfeeding x

Replies

• 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just recently started up again. I lost 63 lbs in 2014 using myfitnesspal then got pregnant in 2015 and gained more than half back. Still breastfeeding my nearly 9 month old. You can add me
  • SJ1OAM
    SJ1OAM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's amazing that you managed to loose 63lb before I really feel like joining this will help me loose feeling very motivated with it. I'm sure we can both do this
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It took 7 months to lose the 63lbs. Could of lost more quickly perhaps if I lowered my calories but always tried to eat around 1800 Cals daily and exercised 5 times a week
  • nicoleanneforsythe1224
    Options
    I'm so glad you ladies are here! I'm 7months PP with my EBF second son. I was also wondering how low I can cut my calories before I start affecting my milk supply. I'm currently doing 1750 daily and have almost lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks! I'm happy to be loosing but I don't want to lower my milk either!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding my 15 month old & have finally found the motivation to get back on here & lose my baby weight! I lost 10kg (22 lb) a few years ago with the help of MFP & I have that to lose all over again. Add me if you want another BFing buddy :) I'm eating 1600 calories a day & it doesn't seem to be affecting my supply.
  • livvihall
    livvihall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am breast feeding my nearly 8 month old, it's so hard to make sure you are still eating enough for your milk supply but still lose weight x