minor increases in weight .freak me out. i have 60 lbs to go...i can keep redoing the same lb

Options
Help

Replies

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well, that's something you're going to have to get used to. Weight fluctuates, sometimes a lot. It's the overall trend that is important.

Some people weigh every day to get used to the rhythms. Others opt to weigh less often.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    use a trending weight app.
    weightgrapher.com /trendweight.com
    libra android
    happy scale iphone
  • igroberts
    igroberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use happy scale but stopped using it because I got discouraged when I wasn't on track. I took some time off. I had lost 70 pounds, but now am ready to get back on track. Try only weighting yourself once a week and see how that goes.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    use a trending weight app.
    weightgrapher.com /trendweight.com
    libra android
    happy scale iphone

The only think I was going to say has pretty much been said, I have a fitbit scale, (expensive but I'd been given vouchers) I jump on every day don't pay attention to the number just log it with Happy Scale and trendweight.com logs it. the trend is more encouraging and I've not given up yet.

Also it has allowed me to spot trends. e.g. I often eat out on a Tuesday, so with sodium I'm usually up on a Wednesday, ditto Sunday. TOM makes a huge difference too, the trend is downwards even if I somehow gained 3lb in a day.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear