Hello Need Going Raw friends

Options
My name is Craftytatlady I am interested in finding friends one here that are either close to Raw Vegan or Plant Based Healthy Lifestyle plans, Ty I need Menu Ideas.

Replies

• verlaine01
    verlaine01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi craftytatlady, I tried fully raw for a while and I often felt cold. In Canada, it's just not easily sustainable. In summer it's easy to eat lots of fruit and salad, but in our cold winters, good inexpensive fruit is not a great option. So I do the starch solution by dr McDougall. It's basically high carb, low fat, and fully plant based. I feel great and it's so inexpensive. I'm never cold and I do eat raw a lot too, but my favourite food is boiled potatoes and vegetables in a big bowl with sweet chilli sauce it is so satisfying. :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You might take a look at the groups section. I'm sure there are most likely some raw groups to connect you with the people you are looking for.

As far as plant based, this is the most active group I've found:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

• Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Verlaine01, you made my wife and I laugh. We live in northern alberta and finding fruit that doesn't go bad in a couple days is always a challenge.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm trying vegetarian I've been at it for 2 weeks, going good so far