Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    LOVE trader Joes wish it was closer (closest is about an hour away) so my husband and I stock up on:

TJ natural crunchy peanut butter
    Organic jams/jellys
    whole wheat and cinnamon/raisin english muffins
    rye and wheat sprouted bread
    Tortilla chips-I like the ones with flax seed and the super seed ones
    dark chocolate edamame (even my husband loves these and he hates regular edamame
    TJ harvest grain mix
    assortmant of their sweet wines
    feta cheese with mediterranian herbs
    chicken drumsticks
    TJ pasta shells with brie cheese and asparagus
    organic chocolate syrup
    fruits and veggies
    Always love seeing everyone else's favorites! Gotta agree on the TJ's Pasta shells with Brie & Asparagus. OMG! They had it for a sample day and OF COURSE! They got me good, I got it. Love the sample because then I can try out new things and the Pasta meal I actually purchased to be able to recreate my own.:wink::tongue:

In all honesty? I'd never before tried Brie cheese OR Asparagus, so part of why I purchased it as well, to get some new taste developed.

Any cheese suggestions from anyone are more than welcomed!:flowerforyou: I've not branched out very far and now realize the world is full of cheeses waiting to be tried. I grew up eating Velveeta:blushing: , then branched out to pkg'd cheddar cheese etc. I had no clue real American cheese was actually white until not too many years back.:laugh:

So far it's been Fontina, Brie and that's as far as I've gotten. Would love to get brave and try some goat cheese & others but don't know what to do with it or what type to try.

Again, would welcome any suggestions as this whole Trader Joe's experience is so new to me, it's like a whole world of choices has been opened up to me.:love: Regular grocery stores have nothing on Trader Joe's. :noway: Least in my book:tongue:

Definitely try the fat free feta from TJ's, it's great on salads, veggies, etc. I LOVE cheese, really I like pretty much every cheese :) However, I really don't eat that much any longer. I will buy parmasean from TJ's and it's great to add a bit on top of spaghetti, etc and you don't need much because it's got a pretty strong flavor...much better than the stuff in the green can. Another fav I have is the stilton cheese with fruit in it (cranberries, apricots, etc). I could eat that by the spoonful! TJ's also has a goat cheese that's coated in a cranberry sauce stuff that is great on crackers. Hope this helps!
    Thanks so much for the suggestions OBXGal :wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Does anyone drink Trader Joes Organic Fat Free milk? I tried it today and it was good. My question is normal fat free milk last 8 to 10 days pass the expiration date. Does Organic Fat Free milk last just as long pass the expiration date?
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wild rice in the bag, quinoa, irish oats, almond butter, raw almods, raw pepitas, raw walnuts, dried fruit, mojool dates, fish, and fresh veggies and fruit....all so good for my kids snak I use to get them the peanut butter and celery. Sea salt..
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheeses, Fig Walks Into a Bar (cereal bars), breads, stir fry frozen meals, frozen steel cut oatmeal...
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in a while but I need to make a trip after reading this thread!

I love their beef/turkey/buffalo jerky! My favorite is teriyaki flavor (no nitrates or MSG)

Also, deli meats/bacon without nitrates or MSG.

European yogurt (cappucino and chocolate flavors)

fat free feta

fresh mozzarella (at my grocery store but it seems extra soft/fresh from TJS)

parmigiano reggiano

real baby carrots (mini carrots with the tops still on)

chili lime burgers

asian pears (when/if they have them)

lemon pepper grinder

organic chocolate syrup

candy chocolate coated sunflower seeds (not a diet food, but oh well)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love TJs!! I go there several times a week. Although I have already posted my faves on this thread, I will do it again :smile:

Fat Free Feta
    Simply Turkey
    Simply Chicken
    Pulled Chix (alot of sodium but not alot of calories)
    Roasted Garlic Hummus
    Fresh Hot Salsa
    Gazpacho
    All fruit
    All veggies
    Frozen Belgian Brussel Sprouts
    Frozen Asparagus
    Frozen Rustica Carrotts (yellow and orange0
    Frozen Bambino Pizzas
    Frozen Turkey Meatballs (LOVE)
    No salt added Organic Marinara Sauce
    Whole wheat organic pastas
    Low Sodium Chicken Stock
    Cafe Twists
    Choc Granola bars
    ETC...
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    TJ greek yogurt pomegranite
    TJ gourmet white popcorn
    TJ battered halibut
    persian cucumbers
    glad you asked, the lists people are putting together are great
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their version of Funyons. The baked onion rings are great.

I also like their mandarin chicken, it tastes like seasame chicken from a chinese place but it's not that bad for you!
    And their fried rice is fantastic.

I like to go to Trader Joes to get my "unhealthy" food because there it's not as unhealthy, and it tastes so much better because it's fresh and organic :)
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Also their chicken sausages are great! They're a great replacement if you're a hot dog lover, brat, or italian sausage lover. Basically it's a great substitute for pork.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Chocolatey Cats, Ginger Cats, great low cal vice! Reduced fat provolone cheese (my husband insisted I add that). My husband also loves the dried white peaches.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    A few off the top of my head:

Vodka sauce, Lobster Ravioli, Goat Crumbles, Wasabi Arugula, Chardonnay Apple Chicken Sausage, Luna Bars in bulk boxes - (Peanut butter Cookie, Chocolate Dipped Coconut (never tried Luna bars, these are delish and a pretty good nutrition label balance). TJ's Valencia Oranges, Le Rouge Red Peppers, TJ's spices with grinders. Their real Vanilla (OMG!), TJ's milk, eggs are ooh so fresh!

TJ's MultiGrain 6 Gram Fiber Bread = yummy & healthy!
    oh so much more I've tried since they opened. LOL

21 Salute Seasoning (doesn't contain sodium) is fabulous on anything! Lemon Pepper Grinder (again no sodium in any of these), I'm working on collecting all their spices! I buy one or so every few weeks along with new veggies or fruits new to me.

I love that they do samples for each meal, it's really helped me to educate myself about various cheeses and greens!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Garlic potatoes with parmesan. Not the healthiest thing in their store, but it's surprisingly low calorie for such a filling potato (side) dish.

Also, their multigrain fiber bread! It contains no preservatives and it definitely doesn't have that weird bread odor that I smell from preservative-containing bread.
  • Janipi
    Janipi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TJ's Citrus Chicken Salad... 220 calories IF you use the entire dressing... even less if you don't use all of the salad dressing. It is great!!
  • monica1515
    monica1515 Posts: 65
    Options
    Wow - we love the same exact products! lol You have good taste!
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Now I'm REALLY hungry !!
  • fatherdowling
    fatherdowling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The frozen Chicken Tikka Masala is soooooo good. Perfect size, perfect spice. yummm.

I also love their premade salads, like Lemon Chicken Salad. The guiltless Mac and Cheese is tasty. And I like their greek yogurts for breakfast.
  • gailygail99
    Options
    I LOVE their version of Funyons. The baked onion rings are great.

I also like their mandarin chicken, it tastes like seasame chicken from a chinese place but it's not that bad for you!
    And their fried rice is fantastic.

I like to go to Trader Joes to get my "unhealthy" food because there it's not as unhealthy, and it tastes so much better because it's fresh and organic :)

i wanted to try those onion things but wasnt sure..now that you like them, i might give them a try! the same with the orange chicken. i will have to check it out!! thanks!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What dont I buy at this place! I visit them at least twice a week! The newest item I have tried is their frozen chile relleno! sooooooooooo good!
  • gailygail99
    Options
    What dont I buy at this place! I visit them at least twice a week! The newest item I have tried is their frozen chile relleno! sooooooooooo good!

i changed my pic to their logo i love them so much! haha! i have seen that there but never tried it. does it have alot of cals or salt? stuffed with yummy cheese?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Also their chicken sausages are great! They're a great replacement if you're a hot dog lover, brat, or italian sausage lover. Basically it's a great substitute for pork.

I will try this the next time I go there. Thanks!