Weight loss problems

Options
Anyone else have a love hate with going down a size in clothes? Like yay to losing weight and being closer to goals but waaah to spending money *again* on a new wardrobe. Even with thrift shopping to save, it adds up! Brand new bra I bought a month ago? Too big. Pants from March? Baggy. Three shirts I bought a few months ago are now too big and I never even got to wear them. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with losing weight! Just annoying having to keep buying a bunch of new clothes every 4-6 months. I've even busted out my sewing machine to alter what I can(and I seriously suck at sewing

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    On the upside...bras do get more affordable ;)
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No. Only love, love relationship here.
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been living in dresses - I find they're the most adaptable to different sizes (especially with the help of a belt to cinch in the middle!)

Buying bras is actually the worst thing ever so I feel you there :(
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Actually started to love shopping again. I've gone from a 24 wide to a 14 petite, so I have had to shop a lot. I'm now addicted to shopping LOL and it feels great to feel great buying clothes. I would prefer to be able to get cheaper bras though. I'm a 32GG, so mine aren't cheap. I have one regular bra and one workout bra, and that's it until goal weight, when I hope to have 2 of each.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I get it. I have finally given away all of my size 14s and will probably do the same with the 12s soon. I've bought loads of dresses for work, which I feel are more versatile and long lasting (buy them tighter and they loosen up). It IS fun to buy smaller sized clothes, but also expensive.

I have the benefit of having been super small before, so I actually have wardrobes in size 4-10 waiting for me. Most of those are casual, hanging out types of clothes however, because I was a stay at home mom back then. Soooo, now that I am working, keeping current in work clothing is challenging.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite clothes got too big. I've got a few new favorites, and some things I took in with my sewing machine. Jeans are a wardrobe staple for me, but I've had zero luck with adjusting them up or down.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness that my bras are cheaper now! Before I was spending $60 a bra and could only find one place locally that carried my size and now that I'm within a "normal" range I can spend $20 at any store so there is that. I love getting out of the plus size section, minimum options and most are frumpy. My options now are much wider and I'm more confident which only means I want to buy ALL the clothes. Really unreasonable since I probably won't be on my size for very long(hopefully)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    buy 2 or 3 classic items and wear them all the time until you move down. I'm actually back into clothes I hadn't got rid of.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a love hate with going down a size in clothes? Like yay to losing weight and being closer to goals but waaah to spending money *again* on a new wardrobe. Even with thrift shopping to save, it adds up! Brand new bra I bought a month ago? Too big. Pants from March? Baggy. Three shirts I bought a few months ago are now too big and I never even got to wear them. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with losing weight! Just annoying having to keep buying a bunch of new clothes every 4-6 months. I've even busted out my sewing machine to alter what I can(and I seriously suck at sewing

Find a local, affordable seamstress--reasonable charge and you'll save money and time--I went this route to take in slacks, trousers, shorts--saved me a ton of money to change perfectly good clothes into the next size down. Congrats on your success!!