SOC Week 7

Options
Here's the data: https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/mail.niagara.edu/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AuQz-BrjLb8RdHBWMkpWOW5yVjRJMWczTVk4RDNNS0E&output=html

If it's wrong lemme know.

Here's the challenge:

Happy Independence Day! Remember to enjoy yourself, but watch the food. Burgers, hot dogs, pasta can have some of the most calories. Remember to eat some fruits and veggies, and be active. Throw a frisbee, play volleyball, go swimming, play soccer, go for a walk, or maybe if you are motivated enough, a run. Enjoy the beginnings of summer everyone, but remember to stay fit! Also... try and post your favorite healthy recipe for the holiday and your plans for the holiday.

Replies

• Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't post my weight in time for the spreadsheet. I am still at 143 this week. Do we weigh in by tuesday or wednesday? i thought we had until wednesday
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Watermelon will be on the menu for the 4th. I'm not going to be doing much of anything considering there are 25 wildfires burning in New Mexico... So... I'll be hanging out with my puppies- considering this is little Molly's first 4th of July and Mack's second. But there will be lots of fruit and veggies and not a lot of meat.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm still not sure what my plans are next week, but I'm really going to try to be good (my birthday is next week too--cake!). Fruits and veggies are definitely in, and I love frozen grapes in the summer. Also, I'll make a giant pitcher of iced green tea with mint (Bigelow makes a good one), and throw in some lemon slices.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I don't work for once!! I always work holidays and I never ask them off and i got it off without asking!! woot woot!!! Me and my family will probably going to the Horse Park for fireworks as usual. We usually splurge and get fried chicken and nothing very healthy. However this year is the first year that we are ALL (not just me!) trying to eat healthy so who knows??

but if worse comes to worse Me and my sister will be swimming beforehand. or if for somereason she refuses I WILL go to the gym in preparation. haha. I'll also probably try to eat something filling like a Clif bar before we leave to ensure I don't eat much. Is that a good idea or not since they are around the same calorie count as a normal meal??

We haven't made it yet but we make a simple little fruit dessert where you just take red and green grapes and mix them with cream cheese :9 some people put some sugar in it but I don't need it! I also like pineapple with cottage cheese. yummm.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In: 148.8 this morning! :D

I don't think I'm in any danger of eating out of the ordinary on 4th of July--I run my first 5K that day! So I'll be busy getting ready for that in the morning and then probably napping part of the day afterwards (it's quite early, I have to be to the park where it starts by 5:30 AM, haha). I'll be taking an extra rest day on Sunday, the day before, where I may decide to eat at maintenance calories, to have fuel for the race the next morning...or maybe not; my body's used to what it's getting, so it's probably unnecessary. Anyway, I'm stoked. My last practice run will be tomorrow morning, and I'll hit the weight room like usual on Saturday too.

Everybody have a great 4th!
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    Happy Independence Day!!!!!

I have the WORST sweet tooth on the planet. (Side note--if anyone has a suggestion to help me get it under control, i'd appreciate it.) I am slowly turning into a rather exceptional cook, if I do say so myself, and with the help of a few websites, i'm learning some tasty, lower-calorie dessert recipes. Of course, it all depends on if I can refrain from eating the dough/batter and then whether or not I can stop at one.

ANYWAY, I digress. A classic for me will always be angel food cake. A fantastic challenge to make, easy to screw up and disastrous when you do, but so wonderful. My mom and I agree that shortcake is bland, but we use angel food in it's place and it's perfect. Strawberries, blueberries and some homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream ice cream and, hey look at that!! It's red, white, and blue!!
  • Bridge_CG
    Options

I have the WORST sweet tooth on the planet. (Side note--if anyone has a suggestion to help me get it under control, i'd appreciate it.) I am slowly turning into a rather exceptional cook, if I do say so myself, and with the help of a few websites, i'm learning some tasty, lower-calorie dessert recipes. Of course, it all depends on if I can refrain from eating the dough/batter and then whether or not I can stop at one.

ANYWAY, I digress. A classic for me will always be angel food cake. A fantastic challenge to make, easy to screw up and disastrous when you do, but so wonderful. My mom and I agree that shortcake is bland, but we use angel food in it's place and it's perfect. Strawberries, blueberries and some homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream ice cream and, hey look at that!! It's red, white, and blue!!

This is what I do when I have that horrid sweet tooth. Plain and simple.. 2tbsp of peanut butter and a Gala apple cut up into eighths. And water. If you need a little chocolate. Grab a little chocolate. I love cooking too! I would never attempt to make an angel food cake...
  • AllyV0621
    Options

This is what I do when I have that horrid sweet tooth. Plain and simple.. 2tbsp of peanut butter and a Gala apple cut up into eighths. And water. If you need a little chocolate. Grab a little chocolate. I love cooking too! I would never attempt to make an angel food cake...

That's a good idea, I'll try it. But i think my problem is that I crave ice cream. and no frozen yougurt or sorbet imitation curbs it.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    really?? I love ice cream too but I've fallen madly in love with this little frozen yogurt place. I think I may even like it better. It has a richer taste to me. But to each their own I guess

Happy fourth everyone!!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    To everyone wondering, I would like you to weigh in by midnight or by tomorrow. Thanks :)
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm still at 137.5. Down a half inch in the hips, but I'm mostly glad I didn't gain. Of course, I just ate fried pickles, so we'll see for next week.
  • AllyV0621
    Options
    Same as last week :(
  • Bridge_CG
    Options

That's a good idea, I'll try it. But i think my problem is that I crave ice cream. and no frozen yougurt or sorbet imitation curbs it.

Haha. I know that feeling, but.. Trust me. It' will curb your appetite for something sweet.