What are you guys going to eat tomorrow for 4th of July?

Options
I know a lot of families throw big bbq's for 4th of July. I'm hoping you guys can all stick to making healthy choices. Don't be too hard on yourselves though. :) I'm having a cheeseburger, using reduced fat cheese and a light bun, and a lighter version of my Mom's macaroni salad. I'm also going to splurge and have a frosted brownie. How about you guys? :)

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of families throw big bbq's for 4th of July. I'm hoping you guys can all stick to making healthy choices. Don't be too hard on yourselves though. :) I'm having a cheeseburger, using reduced fat cheese and a light bun, and a lighter version of my Mom's macaroni salad. I'm also going to splurge and have a frosted brownie. How about you guys? :)

Nothing special. I'm not even gonna go anywhere. Probably just hit up the gym then make myself some steak... like usual :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I will be doing grilled chicken, and of course hamburgers. No chips, or soft drinks.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian (vegetarian who occasionally eats fish) so I never really have to worry about all the tempting July 4th food like hot dogs, burgers, etc... I'm usually stuck scraping together a meal of fruit and potato salad. :laugh: But this year I'm celebrating in NYC at my boyfriend's place and I think we're just going out to eat at a restaurant, not a cookout. So I should be able to make a good choice for food. :smile:
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We had our dinner today since Hubby is working tomorrow. I had a cheeseburger using (85/15) patties from Wal-mart on a whole grain bagel-thin bun. Regular cheese (wal-mart) it's all I had. I also made some suddenly salad ..but only put one tablespoon of oil instead of 2. Divided the portions then ate 1/4. 1/2 of a sweet potato with 0.5 tbls of margarine. I did a lot of walking today and I'm still under my calorie goal for the day after logging my desert I plan to have later. (blue bunny no sugar added mint chocolate ice cream ..on a cone 180 cal.) Kind of a splurge for me but I am still doing good so I am happy. 80 lbs down ..20 to go! woohoo.

happy 4th everyone.
    God bless our Military who made this land free! (Proud Marine mom to deployed Marine)
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    I just joined today, after looking for a website to help me determine many calories and Weight Watcher points are in cotton candy lol. So impressed with this website. I'm still eating my cotton candy tomorrow tho!!!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'm going to a BBQ at my cousin's house, she has it every year, and i KNOW there won't be any healthy options other than the regular plain lettuce salad. the only other vegetables will probably be in the fried rice and pasta salad. so i'm probably gonna be UNDER my calories tomorrow =(
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    One word: WATERMELLON! Oh yeah!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    We're having a cookout at my parent's house to celebrate the 4th and my Dad's birthday. I plan on having a hot dog and hamburger, no buns ('cause the buns aren't really my favorite anyway and I'd rather save the calories), a serving of my famous baked potato salad and steering completely away from the soda and chips. The one thing I'm undecided about is the birthday cake that will be on hand... hmmm... decisions, decisions... lol =)
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Burgers (whole wheat buns!), beer, chips. And I have no idea what other people will bring tomorrow.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I work 10-6 on the fourth, so i am going to eat like I usually do, but trying to cut out some snacking. I remember last year having a root beer float with my beau [we are going to the same place this year as last year]. I don't remember what I had for dinner though, so I will have to keep that in might while working.

I wish we were having a BBQ with some great steak or a bisket, etc.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm having beer for dinner tonight and possibly all day tomorrow...hahaha and i'll probably try to eat normal besides that.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options

What? I couldn't hear you over my thoughts of a frosted brownie! Ha, have fun and enjoy it!!

Oh and to answer the question, probably nothing special/out of the ordinary. We're not really doing anything except possibly walking downtown to watch the fireworks.
  • CandiiKatt
    Options
    I'm going out of town and so I'm eating a huge healthy breakfast and a lunch/dinner combo of vegs and a bar-be-qued hamburger (my weakness).
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    Chicken dip and watermelon WOOP! LOL
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I wish my family did bbq's and fun stuff like that :(
    But anyway, I have to work at 5:30 to sometime in the afternoon, but my boss is being super nice and throwing a bbq for the employees that have to work, so I'm pretty sure she's making hot dogs and hamburgers.
    If so I plan to have my cereal, and maybe coffee in the morning, some raw almonds for a snack, and either a cheeseburger or hot dog, and lots and lots of water. Nothing too crazy :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Meat and beer! :D
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    My family had our bbq tonight because DH has to work tomorrow(boo retail), and I had a garlic lime chicken breast(so yummy but high in sodium), some baked beans, pasta salad, and broccoli. I ate a moderate amount of each so I don't feel guilty.
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    I will be barbecuing: turkey burgers, hot dogs, corn & chicken. Served with buns and pasta salad.
    But I'll be eating turkey burgers and corn. Maybe chicken too...idk
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon in a foil with green onions, brown and wild rice, and sliced peaches; oatbran flatbread, and Greek yogurt with raspberries.