Meal replacement shakes?! Help!

Options
Need help with tips on a great meal replacement shake for mornings. I'm in the process of losing still and have 15lbs to go so I'm really need turn it up a notch. I'm a busy mom on the go with a full time job and a low budget so give me some budget friendly ideas people?! Thanks!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Replacement shakes because you have no time to make real food? I like overnight oats, they take absolutely no time at all.

http://hurrythefoodup.com/how-to-make-overnight-oats-in-a-jar/
  • nikoolers
    nikoolers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I struggle eating first thing in the morning, I have some stomach issue and tend to get acid reflex. I found that doing a shake in the AM helps that issue big time, kinda sets the tone for the day I guess. It also does help with time and I'm getting better at food prep but any time I can make a healthy quick choice really helps in my single working mom shuffle lol
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein; bananas and cream, caramel or vanilla. Ready made and so delicious.
  • RossMcallister94
    RossMcallister94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacment - It taste good and is very filling
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    FWIW, you don't *have* to eat in the morning.

But to your question... anything specific you are looking to get out of it? Meal replacement, at least to me, suggests higher cals and more balanced macros than does a simple protein shake. My breakfast shake of choice is vanilla ice cream, vanilla protein powder, and orange juice, but I'm not sure I'd call that a meal replacement.

I'd probably use fruit and/or peanut butter along with a scoop of protein powder, then either milk or water for consistency. I personally don't eat fruit, so I can't help you there, but PB with chocolate protein powder and some milk is pretty basic/simple.