Looking for a good water bottle

Options
I'm basically looking for just a simple water bottle that does not condensate on the outside when I have ice water in it. I assume I need something insulated and double walled but I've tried a few different versions of these and so far they've all "sweated". I hate picking up my bottle and then having to dry my hand because the bottle is so wet. I'm looking for any suggestions...I will research them all, trust me. I'm on a mission!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My Starbucks double walled stainless steel tumblers work pretty well.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a few Polar Insulated water bottles. No sweating issues and got them for like $7 on Amazon. You can put it in the freezer before you fill it too so it is extra cold.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Costco has some nice double-walled water bottles by Contigo. They're leak-proof until you insert the straw. (Contigo makes a great leak-proof coffee mug, too. I've been impressed with the brand)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have a Kleen Kanteen insulated bottle (20 oz size). It has never sweated, even with ice water, and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I drink out of it later and everything's still cold. I bought mine at Whole Foods.
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like the contigo brand also. For hot and cold beverages.
  • keekop
    keekop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite is hydroflask. They are spendy but very worth it. They will keep a drink ice cold (or hot!) for hours.
  • Xo_healthylc
    Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If it is just for at home or in the car I suggest a YETI 30oz. I take mine everywhere. I have a smoothie straw in mine and my ice still last 24 hours. I love it.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    + 1 for Hydroflask. My daughter gave me one for fathers day and it keeps ice all day even in a hot car, no sweat!
  • Sugar_Slayer
    Sugar_Slayer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here's another vote for a Yeti. I have the tumbler and the bottles and they never sweat and keep my ice water cold forever.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have the yeti tumbler and a hydroflask 40 oz bottle both work about the same and neither ever sweat. very spendy but worth it they work and it beats trying all the other stuff first. Both are made from food grade stainless steel so they won't taste like metal or plastic like some cheaper bottles.

RTIC has alternatives and their claim to fame is that they are half the price of Yeti. My friend has the rtic tumbler and if I didn't have the yeti which feels more solid and the lid fits more tightly I would not hesitate to buy it.
  • WanderlustBritni
    WanderlustBritni Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use a Sip by S'well (they sell them at Target) that I got on sale. It's double walled and I've never had condensation issues with it. My water is also always cold.
  • kooshky
    kooshky Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Contigo
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Well it's more of a thermos than a water bottle, but Zojirushi makes some killer stuff. It keeps things cool for a crazy amount of time.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    kooshky wrote: »
    Contigo

I second Contigo. Keeps ice throughout the day. No sweating.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Vote 3 for Yeti, keeps ice all day, dry and super cold.
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Contigo
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Swell
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I use a Pure Outdoor from Monoprice. It's a Hydroflask knockoff for a fraction of the price. I spent $20.00 on my 40 ounce bottle . Keeps ice in cube form for over 24 hours filled with tap water.

I also use a Orca Coolers Chaser for when I want something flavored like tea or black coffee. The only thing I put in my Pure Outdoor bottle is water.