What are some of your favorite snacks?

Options
I need to start having more of a variety of snack options. What do you guys have? :)

Replies

• Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really like those 90 calorie Fiber One bars and I keep a container of cashews around the house :happy:
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    All of the Fiber One bars, and the brownies too!! Also string cheese, dark chocolate roasted almonds or any kind of fruit.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ricecakes with laughing cow,
    toast with pb
    fruit
    veggies
    raisins
    melon
    granola
    yogurt
    jello
    berries
    soy milk
  • gila24
    gila24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sugar snap peas
    frozen blueberries
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Any sort of fruit salad, or hummus!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wasa crispbreads, with laughing cow cheese or cream cheese on top. Then with cucumber and tomatoes, or strawberries, or jam, or bacon on top of that.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    apple + sugar (or fat free) carmel pudding to dip it in

banana sliced up (100 cal?), topped with BP peanut butter (45 cal) + 1T of Hershey's lite chocolate syrup (22 cal) - then FROZEN for a snack later

fruit - different types of pears and apples - and veggies like carrots

Kashi Go Lean + any flavor of Yoplait fat-free yogurt (typically my pre-cardio snack)

dry honey roasted nuts or cashews (for a high-cal burn day)

for a quick-grab, Nature Valley Honey & Oats bar (2-pack)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hmm where do i start? lol

Melba Toast
    Spinach Dip
    Fiber Bars
    Carrots
    Cookies
    Nature's Own Bread
    Fruits...many different kinds!
    Cheez-it's
    Pringles....every once in awhile
    Hot dogs...40cal ones
    Yogurt
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    1 oz of nuts (usually raw almonds or walnuts).
    Hummus
    Fruit, especially if it's high in fiber
    1 or 2 pieces of Dove Promises (individually wrapped, 42 calories each).
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, almonds, sunflower seeds, string cheese, sugar snap peas, carrots, shakeology, Tony Horton's sticky bars (these are like dessert but have decent amount of protein - make w banana, peanut butter and granola)
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Way too much lol

100 calorie snack packs Almonds
    100 calorie snack packs coffee cakes
    fiber one chocolate mocha bars
    skinny cow strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches
    Snickers 90 calorie mini bars
    Bananas
    veggies w/veggie dip
    Any kind of bagel with nutella
    weight watchers coconut candies
    Sugar Free Jello pudding snacks
    Light string cheese
    Pita chips and hummus
    Unsalted saltines & 45 calorie laughing cow wedges
  • aliruberto
    aliruberto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    cheese and crackers
    yogurt (yoplait light)
    cheese sticks (the light ones are about 70 calories a stick)
    pudding cups
    trader joe's organic apple raspberry or apple mixed berry fruit wraps. only 50 calories each and DELICIOUS!
    carrots and hummus
    Orville Reddenbacher's - Gourmet Popping Corn/Tender White, 1 container (3.5 cups ea.) (only 40 calories per cup - add some garlic salt and light olive oil for more taste, but it's tasty on it's own too!)
    fruit
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    Pop Secret Homestyle 100 calorie bag
    Nature Valley Granola Thin (Dark Chocolate is REALLY good!!)
    Bagel thin with Laughing Cow cheese
    Fruit
    Pita Chips (in moderation)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Pop Secret Homestyle 100 calorie bag
    Nature Valley Granola Thin (Dark Chocolate is REALLY good!!)
    Bagel thin with Laughing Cow cheese
    Fruit
    Pita Chips (in moderation)

The bagel with laughing cow cheese sounds great right now!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
  • dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    I like Philly Swirl Sweet Delights they are an icecream type bar that is only 14 calories.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I like to have lots of healthy snacks around that I will eat but also that my kids will eat.

Cottage cheese

Pretzels
    ( cottage cheese & pretzels together are a really nice way to get the crunch satisfied as well as get protein and calcium - plus it is a lot healthier than say...dip).

String Cheese

Yogurt covered almonds

Make your own Natural Trail Mix to have at the ready ( for snacky times or for a grab and go snack) - choose a few different low sodium nuts, dried fruit ( we like the dried mixed berries ), granola, raisins, and even some yogurt covered raisins or almonds. Throw in some pretzels too!
    It is so packed with protein and flavor - it makes a terrific snack for between meals. My son looked forward to his baggie of TrailMix at snack time more than anything else at Camp...lol.

Fresh fruit smoothies made with yogurt are a fav here. My kids won't eat yogurt ( they don't like the taste or texture ) but if I put it in a fruit smoothie - they love it. This gives your smoothie protein and calcium as well as other healthy benefits. I just buy the big container of the plain yogurt at the store... ( no flavorings as they just jack up the cals and have no benefit ).

I ALWAYS keep Natural Peanut Butter ( we prefer Skippy Natural Creamy over the others ) and Gala or Fuji apples on hand. This is my GO - TO snack!! LOVE IT! It satisfies ANY craving I might have and won't ever ruin my daily goal.

I also keep Trident sugarless gum ( all the varieties ) on hand. One - because my daughter has braces and it is the only kind she likes to chew.
    TWO - b/c it helps when I have a sweet craving between meals.

Oatmeal
    ( I know that sounds weird but I can do SO much with oatmeal that I keep it on hand all the time. It is great at bfast or a snack or even to satisfy a late night craving. Your imagination is the limit ) You can sweeten it with brown sugar, splenda, honey, or fresh fruit. Nuts are good in it as well as raisins or berries or bananas.

Fresh Fruit in a bowl on the table or counter

Milk ( milk is a great way to give yourself a protein boost and meet all kinds of healthy nutritional needs and it can hold you over until the next snack or meal)

I hope these help - I know there are more but I can't think of anymore at the moment...
    Best of luck on your journey!!
    You are doing great!
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    The new Fiber One brownies are good. String Cheese, Fiber One Yogurts, Skinny Cow mint n chip ice cream sandwiches as well as the Smart One Chocolate cake single desserts.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options
    I like to have lots of healthy snacks around that I will eat but also that my kids will eat.

Cottage cheese

Pretzels
    ( cottage cheese & pretzels together are a really nice way to get the crunch satisfied as well as get protein and calcium - plus it is a lot healthier than say...dip).

String Cheese

Yogurt covered almonds

Make your own Natural Trail Mix to have at the ready ( for snacky times or for a grab and go snack) - choose a few different low sodium nuts, dried fruit ( we like the dried mixed berries ), granola, raisins, and even some yogurt covered raisins or almonds. Throw in some pretzels too!
    It is so packed with protein and flavor - it makes a terrific snack for between meals. My son looked forward to his baggie of TrailMix at snack time more than anything else at Camp...lol.

Fresh fruit smoothies made with yogurt are a fav here. My kids won't eat yogurt ( they don't like the taste or texture ) but if I put it in a fruit smoothie - they love it. This gives your smoothie protein and calcium as well as other healthy benefits. I just buy the big container of the plain yogurt at the store... ( no flavorings as they just jack up the cals and have no benefit ).

I ALWAYS keep Natural Peanut Butter ( we prefer Skippy Natural Creamy over the others ) and Gala or Fuji apples on hand. This is my GO - TO snack!! LOVE IT! It satisfies ANY craving I might have and won't ever ruin my daily goal.

I also keep Trident sugarless gum ( all the varieties ) on hand. One - because my daughter has braces and it is the only kind she likes to chew.
    TWO - b/c it helps when I have a sweet craving between meals.

Oatmeal
    ( I know that sounds weird but I can do SO much with oatmeal that I keep it on hand all the time. It is great at bfast or a snack or even to satisfy a late night craving. Your imagination is the limit ) You can sweeten it with brown sugar, splenda, honey, or fresh fruit. Nuts are good in it as well as raisins or berries or bananas.

Fresh Fruit in a bowl on the table or counter

Milk ( milk is a great way to give yourself a protein boost and meet all kinds of healthy nutritional needs and it can hold you over until the next snack or meal)

I hope these help - I know there are more but I can't think of anymore at the moment...
    Best of luck on your journey!!
    You are doing great!

Wow, thank you so much for giving me such a detailed suggestion! Thanks. :)
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    Yogurt, grapes, toast and papayas. I'm actually looking for more snacks to add, so thanks for creating this topic.