Anyone feel the same?

Options
I feel so addicted to eating it's so hard I don't know what to do i feel like I'm going insane

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I find staying busy and active works best for me
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When I was like that, I used to play a little game with myself...

I really want those chips, so I can have them in 30 minutes after I go for a little walk. Many times, after the exercise, I didn't want them anymore. Sometimes I did, and I had them.
  • oglalagirl724
    oglalagirl724 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When food starts messing with your mind, it's time to take control. Don't even let it ( food) convince you that you can't live without ( chips or ??) whatever is calling your name enticing you to eat it. Take control of your thoughts and stop focusing on food. Breaking your diet starts in your head not your stomach.
    Get on the internet and find a picture of the fattest women in the world. Every bite of food that went into her mouth was a choice she made. And every bite added to her weight. Then find a picture of yourself at a weight you are happy with and focus on that picture when cravings are overwhelming you. Which picture do you want to be?
    That may sound mean but it is reality.
    In my experience if I don't take charge today it just gets harder to do it tomorrow. I am 64 yrs old and have been obese FAT all my life. My life has passed by and now I can't do the things I want to because I never took control of what I put in my mouth. A bag of chips doesn't sound like a big problem if you only have a few pounds to lose. But if that bag of chips, candy bar, cookies, cakes, pies is the stuff that got you on a diet website in the first place, do you really want to keep eating it? Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I find that if I plan my meals it helps tremendously. If I really really want other food after I have planned and eaten my food intake for the day I add that food to my food diary so I have a clear understanding of how that "snack" will affect my weight loss.
    Focus on what you can have. Make a solid irrevocable decision that you are going to do whatever you have to to break the addiction to food. Don't let food be in charge of you, you take charge of your food.
    I hope this helps I know in my heart if I don't fight every food craving (and I haven't for 54 years) I will never be thin. I don't know you but I do know how overweight feels. I don't want it for anyone. You can do it.
    I started Atkins/ketos May 20, 2016 I lost 25#, WOOHOOO! 75# more to go and It will go. I refuse to die FAT. :smile: Be Blessed in your weight loss journey.
  • miheath85
    miheath85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing I ask myself whenever I want to give into a craving is, am I hungry enough to eat an apple? And usually the answer is no. Which means I'm dealing with a craving and not true hunger. I also drink a water bottle and reevaluate since thirst has a lot to do with our "hunger."

But, I feel your pain. I too am addicted to food and am working on my sugar addiction. I have to focus on things one day at a time.
  • ShelleyVSjelly
    ShelleyVSjelly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I refill my water bottle and drink that before even thinking about giving in, usually the craving is past and I'm feeling proud for not giving in then that pride keeps me on track, it's so so difficult but you can do it!