Need accountability buddies -females with 25-40lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• ReneeHuffy
    ReneeHuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all those who have replied. I've added all of you and am ready to get started. I'm not going to add more people at this time in order to keep up proper accountability I don't want too many friends on my list cause this is about success. Thanks all

Add me! Need to drop 35lbs of baby weight!
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Me too! Am on my second goal now of thirty! You can do this..baby weight is hard when they are so young every minute is given to them. Add a husband..partner..work..exercise and diet is sometimes last of the list. My last is leaving the house for college. .moms be good to yourself now! It makes you a better mom when u feel better. And no its not about size but moms need to know carving out time is beyond important. Take walks go to the gym don't eat those leftover nuggets..and yes they will eat another food. If I had spent more time loving my amazing body that gave birth to two kids. I wouldnt have to work so HARD now!..well u got this!
  • SashaFierce33
    SashaFierce33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have 45 to lose and I'm ready to make huge lifestyle changes.
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114913-accountability-buddies-females-25-40lbs-to-lose
    Created a group. Max 25 people at a time in order to keep it small and have everyone keep each other accountable but not too big to get lost in the hustle of the group. Daily food and exercise checkins to help
  • gettinFITat22
    gettinFITat22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Due to stress I gave gain a bit of weight back that I had previously lost..and this is on top of the remaining bit of weight I still carry from my pregnancy over 4 years ago. Everyday I tell myself that I will have a good day and lose some weight by staying on track with food and then don't really.

I'm 5'4, and want to lose about 30lbs. I need/want a real/or a couple of real accountability buddy(s). I want to have someone I will be accountable to for staying on point with food/diet and exercise. I want someone who will keep me accountable and be a bit tough with me and someone who wants the same.

If this sounds like you and you are also a female with about 25-40lbs to lose then let me know. I want to start this journey ASAP. I also don't mind doing a fitness program along side you as well.

• gettinFITat22
    gettinFITat22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot recently as well and I'm looking for people to motivate and keep me motivated. I actually have to lose a little more but my goal is 25 at first and then another 25 etc so that the whole 60 lbs don't seem so daunting. Last time I weighed myself I was 190, and I've been eating better and going to the gym everyday. I havent weighed myself yet and I will probably wait for a couple days because I had a naughty weekend lol but I imagine I have 50 more lbs to go. I'm looking forward to seeing your results :)
  • Caremy24
    Caremy24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends that can both encourage and deter me. Please add me if y'all would like. This goes for anyone on here :smile: I am 5'8" and have around 30lbs to go.
  • Kritterc73
    Kritterc73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea! I would love to join, but it sounds like you have the members you need. And I have a lot more weight to lose (80 pounds). I am looking at a year-long commitment to reach my goal, but I know I will need major maintenance support after that as well. If you think I'd be a good fit, feel free to add me. But I understand if not. I know for a fact that the social support will make a huge difference! I am a mommy to 2-year old and 4-year-old girls, wife to an amazing guy and a teacher. The life of my dreams-except that I have put myself on the back-burner and now my health is impacting my day-to-day happiness. I avoid family pictures, resist physical outings like hikes because I don't know if I can do it anymore (though I would love to), and fear that if I don't get control of this, I will not see my little ones grow up. My family has a very high rate of diabetes and premature deaths due to the diabetes. I get tired at work and exhausted at home. There was a time, when I was younger, when I ran 4 miles a day, loved long walks and hikes, avoided sugar like the plague, and felt great. But now, I don't feel like I recognize myself anymore (recently, I literally did not recognize myself in a photo at first because I have gained so much weight). While stress has also contributed to my weight gain, as well as the pregnancies, I know that I am not handling stress of being a mommy and teacher the way that I could if I was in better health, so it has kind of back-fired on me and I need to find new ways to deal with stress. I am excited to be starting this journey! For me, it really is about time that I did this for myself, and I know my loved ones will benefit! I can't be the mother and wife I want to be if I remain unhealthy.
  • Stronger4_life
    Stronger4_life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me or follow my Instagram @stronger4_life for motivation and healthy eating. I've lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 and have lost 20 lbs again. I follow the Macro nutritional eating plan which is KEY to your body responding to lose weight the right way and keep it off.
  • ellie_RN
    ellie_RN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love for people to help keep me motivated. I have autoimmune arthritis and sometimes I feel more exhausted and unmotivated than others...like right now for instance! I am looking to lose 30 to 40 pounds. I've already lost 10 or so. Please add me if you would like!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Setting small goals but ultimately I would like to get 35-40 lbs off.
  • JasmineBurns
    JasmineBurns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • damalackina
    damalackina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me please!! I'm looking for the same type of friends/support. 36#'s to lose. Always looking for extra motivation-
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've got around 65 to go and would definitely appreciate sharing success with you. Let's motivate each other. Add me!
  • YasminValdez
    YasminValdez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to join your group
  • sparkle100286
    sparkle100286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely need motivation. I'm down 12 pounds but I'm struggling to go further it's like I hit a plateau. Any help or encouragement is welcome!
  • laurenlea16
    laurenlea16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 30 lbs too! Feel free to add me!
  • HealthyAllLife
    HealthyAllLife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! Would love to have some people to keep me accountable! Please add me as a friend!
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I'm 18, 5'5" and want to lose 30-40 pounds. I started 2 days ago at 150 and now I'm at 148.4. I want to be somewhere between 110 and 120