Help I need Help!

Options
I am 21 live on my own, dont really cook and do not have a lot of extra money to buy good nutritional food. Can someone give me a meal plan that is cheap and easy but effective.

Cheers

Replies

• ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, do you not cook because you don't have time, or do you not cook because you don't know how?
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of cheap nutritional foods. Just load up on fruits and veggies (most things like apples, broccoli, onions, tomatoes aren't very expensive) and cheap lean meats, like a bag of frozen chicken breasts or canned tuna. Avoid foods like ramen or other cheap meal ideas because they are way bad for you and usually contain A LOT of sodium.
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    Good, nutritional food is not that expensive really. An entire week's worth of fresh fruits and veggies for my family of 4 only cost us $35. (We don't eat canned, frozen or processed fruits/veggies.) And believe it or not, preparing a quick and easy yet nutritious meal doesn't take very long either. With the right cookware, you can prepare healthy and good food in about as much time as it'd take to microwave it, less time than it would take for you to get in the car and get fast food, and much healthier than either choice!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    beans get in bulk all kinds, and brown rice. cheap and good and healthy too
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cooking isn't hard! It really isn't and chicks dig it when a guy cooks for them. (Trust me there!)

If you can read, you can cook. Here is a site I use for good recipes. (http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx) Start simple, baked chicken, canned or frozen veggies.

You can use the FMP site to figure out caloric content.

Ok with that said, buy fresh fruit, fresh or frozen veggies(without crap in them) Chicken is usually inexpensive. Buy chicken breasts and keep them in the freezer.

Use your refrigatior!
    It all starts with giving it a try, and then trial and error. If it all fails, ask your mother, sister or a girl friend. Or wing it and do it your self, that's what I did.

You can do it, if you try.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of money on food when I try new recopies. Find a few good ones that work for you, and get into a routine of rotating those recipes you know are healthy and you like. That will help keep your grocery budget down, and cut your time at the store.
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    Cooking isn't hard! It really isn't and chicks dig it when a guy cooks for them. (Trust me there!)

If you can read, you can cook. Here is a site I use for good recipes. (http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx) Start simple, baked chicken, canned or frozen veggies.

You can use the FMP site to figure out caloric content.

Ok with that said, buy fresh fruit, fresh or frozen veggies(without crap in them) Chicken is usually inexpensive. Buy chicken breasts and keep them in the freezer.

Use your refrigatior!
    It all starts with giving it a try, and then trial and error. If it all fails, ask your mother, sister or a girl friend. Or wing it and do it your self, that's what I did.

You can do it, if you try.

There are very few things sexier than a man that can cook. I mean, REALLY cook, not just heat something up or add water and heat something up! And I felt that way back when I was thin too. :D