anyone exercise during their work lunch break?

Options
13»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I work a desk job but am lucky to have a gym at work - great value at only £10/month!

My boss lets me to trade my five lunch hours for three longer breaks to give time for a full hour training plus changing/showering time.
    Small gym but good quality cardio equipment, weights are a bit limited so you have to be a little bit creative with workout routines sometimes. I have a local gym membership as well for the more challenging workouts so regard work gym as giving bonus workouts that don't impinge on my social/family time.

When I started running out of weights I asked the Gym Manager if he could get bigger dumbbells and the accessory that allows more weight to be added to the weights machines and he made the curious comment...
    - "It's not that kind of gym." :(
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I wish we had gyms at work over here, that would decide my job lol
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have (2) 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch. I walk on one of my breaks and half of my lunch. If I don't walk half of my lunch, then I walk on both of my breaks. Either way, I get a half hour walk in during the day.

I generally do the same thing... walk on my breaks and/or at lunch. Usually totals 40-45 minutes per day (I have an hour lunch break). And then if I'm really motivated and it's not too hot, I'll walk again in the evening :p
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Before it hit 100 degrees, I was walking 60 minutes at lunch, then would come back and eat at my desk. I love the fresh air and getting out of the office. Can't wait for it to cool down. I keep some cucumber wipes at my desk for when I do get a little sweaty.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to ask what cucumber wipes are :)

I walk during my lunch hour every day. Depending on the weather, it'll either be outside or I'll go to Target and walk the aisles to my music. And try not to collide into people. :)
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Another walker here. When it's nice I try to get in a 30-40 min walk outside. We have a small gym facility in the lower level of my building, but I'm uncomfortable working out with colleagues, so I've never used it.
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not enough to really start sweating a lot. We have a gym at work, I turn the fan on and use the treadmill or elliptical for about 20 or 30 min.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I get an hour for lunch and run 3x/week. Now that my mileage has increased, though, I can barely fit it in since I shower afterwards. Sounds dumb but it's also a pain to get my hair looking presentable after a run (short hair problems) so that's making me consider running after work and just walking during lunch. I do love getting home with my run already done, though. Decisions, decisions.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    There's a set of stairs about 10 city blocks from my office... 167 stairs... I walk their climb the stairs twice (up and down)... and head back to work... then on my way back I grab a low carb lunch... 3 days a week... it serves as my HIIT work out... I have been doing the 2 round trips for about 6 weeks... come august I will be adding a 3rd trip...stairs are awesome... because regardless of how fit you are... you can really put the screws to yourself a variety of ways...running, jumping, 2 at a time etc... it's better outdoors...and misery loves company... there are usually a couple hundred people on the stairs at lunch.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have a gym really close to work. Workout for about 45 minutes every weekday. My tips would be to bring some baby wipes (for sweat and odor), and dry shampoo if you need to fix your hair afterwards.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I used to either do our stairs, we have a steep narrow staircase in my building, or go for a walk. Now that my knee is better and I'm off of crutches I plan on resuming this practice.
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i try to walk ar my lunch break if it is not raining...