Would love any support to not fail this time!

Options
Hello, I have started this weight loss journey a few days ago. I've always been over weight.. Somehow in the past 6 months however I have gained an additional 16 lbs. I never really thought I ate THAT MUCH. Not until I started logging my meals did I realize just how much food I had been mindlessly consuming every day. Sometimes I really do want to eat a bag of chips, but I say " it's just not worth it" and move on. I really and truly want to succeed..thank you :)

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You are in the right mind set you got this!
  • andersonlindag
    andersonlindag Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO very much:)
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You've got this.
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Sounds like you have a great mind set. I was heavy my whole entire life and eventually I just got to the point that I couldn't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I knew I needed to do something and myfitnesspal has been a lifesaver for me. I never want to go back to the old me. I'm in this for the long-term. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • lukeinmexico
    lukeinmexico Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. I lost 35 pounds using the site, then stopped using it and gained back the weight. I decided to get back on the site today to find some support. I'm determined this time to stick to my plan and slowly lose the weight. I hope to find the support you need, and I'm happy to help.
  • N3W_PATH
    N3W_PATH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have found that I have more willpower when I am logging my calories and sticking to a plan. No plan = No chance.

Also incorporate exercise into your plan. Exercise is key.
  • debbiesmallVEGAN
    debbiesmallVEGAN Posts: 36 Member
    Options
  • Doug12016
    Doug12016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think you are on the right path. I find that logging my food in MFP helps me immensely. Without it I develop calorie amnesia! Wishing you success, one day at a time.
    Doug
  • fornowiamwinter
    fornowiamwinter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can achieve your goals! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for inspirational and supportive friends!
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add me to! I hope to motivate and get motivated from all the wonderful folks here!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I believe you only fail when you quit. We may stumble and fall a lot, but if we get up and continue on we haven't failed cause the fight's still on. Keep plugging away and you'll find yourself where you want to be before too long.
  • karmab857
    karmab857 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started tracking today. I need to get on the right track to success once and for all. Don't get me wrong, I know this will be one of those lifelong journeys but I need two good weeks to get me headed in the right direction. No more "screw it, I will start tomorrow."
  • trdeteresa
    trdeteresa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost 35 pounds just watching what I was eating and exercising. I have been going through personal issues the last 6 months and gained 20 pounds back! I am determined to get the weight off and keep it off this time. I signed up for but never really MFP, but I am determined to use it this time. My weakness is ice cream.. LOL. I understand your struggle and would love to keep each other motivated. I need someone to keep me in check. Please feel free to add me! Good Luck!!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Requested friendship.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.