Female Body Types

Options
Hey there gorgeous ladies! So, I was thinking to myself "Hmm... girlfriend, you've been sitting at 134lbs for two weeks due to a bad rut you were having... Maybe 134 isn't so bad though!" But then I look in the mirror and go "Its not RIGHT!" It hit me: I'm not flipping out because I think I have to be stick thin but rather because it doesn't suit my body type. I'm 5'7" and according to my BMI I'm perfectly fine, but it doesn't account for muscle or how my body is shaped. We've all read the fashion and fitness magazines where it stresses body type. I'm sure you've all heard of apples, pears, bananas and hourglasses! I think its good to really note your body type, and work with it. Not trying to be TINY-TEENY-ITTY-BITTY things because the media shoves it in our faces everyday, but be healthy and feel healthy. So let's all grab our diaries and write it in "I'm a pear" or "I'm a banana" and next to that put down "I'm going to be a beautiful me... THE RIGHT WAY" :]

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post!
  • EyeCanSeeYou
    Options
    I am a curvy girl
    O.K. Maybe I'm a little too much curvy. I do not want to be stick thin.
    Also I'm scared my boobs will go away.
    My sister is thin, she has no boobs. I have boobs...
    I may not have an *kitten* but I don't care.
    All girls are different and I would not like to look like a prepubescent boy.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be skinny either. I like my curves. I would like to slim my curves, but I don't want to get rid of them.
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    love this! we need more women like you around!!
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey there gorgeous ladies! So, I was thinking to myself "Hmm... girlfriend, you've been sitting at 134lbs for two weeks due to a bad rut you were having... Maybe 134 isn't so bad though!" But then I look in the mirror and go "Its not RIGHT!" It hit me: I'm not flipping out because I think I have to be stick thin but rather because it doesn't suit my body type. I'm 5'7" and according to my BMI I'm perfectly fine, but it doesn't account for muscle or how my body is shaped. We've all read the fashion and fitness magazines where it stresses body type. I'm sure you've all heard of apples, pears, bananas and hourglasses! I think its good to really note your body type, and work with it. Not trying to be TINY-TEENY-ITTY-BITTY things because the media shoves it in our faces everyday, but be healthy and feel healthy. So let's all grab our diaries and write it in "I'm a pear" or "I'm a banana" and next to that put down "I'm going to be a beautiful me... THE RIGHT WAY" :]

bump
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love this! I love my big hips, butt and boobs! :) I've realized that I will never be a size 2, but I will sure be more than happy with a size 10 or 12. Thank you for reminding us that we are all beautiful... No matter what our size or shape. :) There are days I get down on myself because my waist is getting thinner, no.. Healthier, but my curves seem to be sticking... But this post just made me love my hourglass even more!

I love your attitude!
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    great post! i use to be a banana shape until i had my daughter now im a pear shape its such a change.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    wow ya cool post!!!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!

I keep thinking, I gotta be tiny, tiny tiny, but I honestly don't. I love my curves, my bust, my *kitten*, my thighs. I definitely want to keep them, but I think the media has me thinking "you'll never have a flat stomach if you're not stick skinny." My body shape is some apple-hourglass hybrid, and I want to be between sizes 8 and 12.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be TINY-TEENY-ITTY-BITTY things because the media shoves it in our faces everyday, but be healthy and feel healthy.

So true! Here's someting to ponder...how come the media harps on the weight of the female celebrities, but never on the men? My daughter thinks she has to weigh 105 lbs and be a size 0-2 because she read that Lady Gaga and Paris Hilton are that. But ask her what does Taylor Lautner or Justin Bieber (posters of them all over her room) weigh or what size do they wear, and it's a non-issue. Do guys get this kind of pressure to be a certain number on the scale or fit into a "perfect" size?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm an apple/hourglass
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be TINY-TEENY-ITTY-BITTY things because the media shoves it in our faces everyday, but be healthy and feel healthy.

So true! Here's someting to ponder...how come the media harps on the weight of the female celebrities, but never on the men? My daughter thinks she has to weigh 105 lbs and be a size 0-2 because she read that Lady Gaga and Paris Hilton are that. But ask her what does Taylor Lautner or Justin Bieber (posters of them all over her room) weigh or what size do they wear, and it's a non-issue. Do guys get this kind of pressure to be a certain number on the scale or fit into a "perfect" size?

I would opt to say that men do NOT receive that sort of pressure to be a certain number on the scale, but instead they get different kinds of pressure. I'm sure you've heard that little whisper (or big blowout shouting match) that girls need to be feminine, tiny, and not take up a lot of space whereas men need to be caretakers, be muscular, and take up the whole room with their presence. Now, you might go, "Hold on, wait a minute, that's not fair!" Its one of those trippy, double-standard deals where little girls are told to be in the background and boys in the foreground, but that foreground has a lot of expectations. The pressures men get are that of being providers, sustaining a family, having wealth, and being fit. Now, men are still pressured and I think even more so in this time than in previous times, to be physically desirable. Taylor Lautner nearly lost his role in the Twilight franchise because he did not fit the "sexy male" body type - he was deemed too thin. So, he packed on more muscle and got ripped. In short, in terms of men and body image they have the bombardment of "I need to have a six pack and a v-cut" while women have "I need to be a size 0".
  • Janasse
    Janasse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I'm a raspberry LOL
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    i love my *kitten* <3 it big AND SEXY hahaha i grab my own *kitten* hahahhaha