Lost 10lbs but now I'm struggling

Options
Vickie96
Vickie96 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So since March I've lost 10lbs, I'm happy to lose weight at a steady pace however I'm struggling with my eating lately, slipping back into old habits and binging on unhealthy foods, any advice to get back on track?

Replies

• aylak98
    aylak98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I'm having the same issue, I started in April in an effort to lose weight for prom. I lost 10 lbs but since prom I have lost some of my motivation and have found it hard to stay on track. I keep making excuses for myself and saying 'eh I'll just have a cheat day'. I think the key is to have an event or something that you want to reach your goal by, so that you stay motivated. It is hard to get your motivation back once you've lost it though. Don't give up!
  • winddancinash
    winddancinash Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Right there with both of you. I lost 10 lbs back towards the beginning of this year. Was running and lifting some pretty heavy weights too. Then i guess got bored with it and fell off the wagon.
    Maybe set yourself another goal. Like you want to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time. Give yourself a reasonable goal. Meal prepping for your week helps a lot as well.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I guess first I would try to remember that this isn't a temporary job to reach a goal...not prom, or a wedding, or bikini season. This is a new way of life...from now on.

I think I would clean all the "junk" that is setting you off or tempting you out of the cupboards for a while. Get set up with your favourite healthy snacks portioned out so it's easy to follow and go read the success board for some inspiration.

Good luck!
  • Fasaanya
    Fasaanya Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm with @eveandqsmom
    Try cutting something weekly. Like let's say, stop taking sugar this week. And after you get used to not having it anymore, try cutting white bread, and so on.

Hope i was helpful :)
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat- I lost about 20 pounds, now it just wont come off. I eat very little and work out a lot- I have had some cheat days, especially with sweets so that's probably the problem. Its frustrating
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has fluctuated a lot over the last 6 months and there are times when I think I've done so badly (I.e. Gone over my calorie allowance by a LOT) that I feel like it's not worth it & I should just eat what I want. Then I get on the scales for my weekly weigh in and whatever the scale says, up or down, it makes me want to try harder next week.

Of course when it's down its a lot more motivating. Effort has been rewarded!

But when it's up I berate myself for denying myself for so long, dieting for months and blowing it all because I was having an off day. What a waste of all the effort made so far, just because I was a bit fed up or tempted by a hamburger.

I admit this is personal to me, but it does jolt me back to why I started this.

I also have a pair of trousers that I want to wear before summer is over. Haven't been able to fit into them for about four years. It's one of those things that also keeps me going when I'm feeling a bit wobbly.
  • cnbarnett11
    cnbarnett11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds when i cut out all fructose including fresh fruit from my diet. Now I'm not loosing anything. After severe shoulder surgery I've gained close to an inch around my biceps which is awesome! Know I'm gaining muscle like a boss but my belly is still bloated and chubby :( started taking CLK diet pills by Cellucor who I love but still no weight loss. I'm out of ideas on what to try at this point.... 5 feet tall so being short with all my body fat on one place doesn't help..only 115 pounds but in highschool was 95- been a gymnast and cheerleader since practically birth.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    aylak98 wrote: »
    I don't know but I'm having the same issue, I started in April in an effort to lose weight for prom. I lost 10 lbs but since prom I have lost some of my motivation and have found it hard to stay on track. I keep making excuses for myself and saying 'eh I'll just have a cheat day'. I think the key is to have an event or something that you want to reach your goal by, so that you stay motivated. It is hard to get your motivation back once you've lost it though. Don't give up!

I can say from experience that having a time goal can back fire. I had a goal of losing 50 pounds in time for a vacation. I lost only 30 and was so disappointed. And yet I lost 30 pounds!!!

I now take the longer view. If I put off taking the necessary steps, then a year from now, I'll still be in the same unhappy place I am today, wishing I had started last July. I just do what I'm supposed to do today, then tomorrow do it again. However much I lose will be a success.