Functional Training Calories

Options
Hi just a quick question.. I recently started functional training classes.. its a 30 min session and hard work!! Was hoping somebody would know *roughly* how many calories a typical half hour session would burn?

Thanks in advance! X

Replies

• illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What exactly does your functional training class involve? What exercises do you do, how many reps, how many sets, etc. Also, your bodyweight, age, gender, and height would become involved for an answer that even hoped to be close.

If I were you, I'd log it as weight-lifting (if it involves that - calisthenics if not) for 30 minutes. If you want it more accurate, pick up something that measures your heart rate, like the FitBit Surge or any of the chest strap products.
  • sunshines4nate
    sunshines4nate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, im 30, female ans about 136lbs. The functional training consists of body resistance bands, boxing, kettlebell lunges, pull ups (attempted), weight ropes and plank touches. In between each set there are other activites like burpees, jumping squats, push ups wide and narrow, lunges etc. It is non stop.. do the machine, do the activity and move around! I found it pretty brutal! There are 3 rounds of the above in total making 30mins.. hope this helps and thank you so much for taking the time to try toto help me. I will look into fitbits etc in the future when i have spare income, right now im relying on good people like yourself who have an idea of what they are talking about hehe!

NSX
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Circuit training.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics from the database would be another option.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and log it as circuit training or boot camp
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    8-10cals per minute.