Where should I get fit for running shoes?

Options
I am thinking about getting fitted for running shoes so I can find a pair that fits me best. Do you suggest doing this?

Do you suggest any particular stores? I was going to go to a Fleet Feet and a Road Runner near me.

Replies

• JenNoel
    JenNoel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try to go to a smaller, specialty running store if you have any near you. While big stores like Road Runner can be okay, their sales people are trying to upsell you for the most part or don't have the experience of smaller stores. Also Road Runner will try to tell you that you need their $80 shoe inserts which you don't. Check Yelp for reviews. While the shoes at smaller stores are more expensive than say Amazon, you are paying for their experience. I would say buy a pair from the smaller store and then if you like them buy the next pair online.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Go to a "certified shoe fitter" or a Pedeorthist.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    JenNoel wrote: »
    Try to go to a smaller, specialty running store if you have any near you. While big stores like Road Runner can be okay, their sales people are trying to upsell you for the most part or don't have the experience of smaller stores. Also Road Runner will try to tell you that you need their $80 shoe inserts which you don't. Check Yelp for reviews. While the shoes at smaller stores are more expensive than say Amazon, you are paying for their experience. I would say buy a pair from the smaller store and then if you like them buy the next pair online.

Why do you hate local business? It would be more beneficial to support them.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I go to Fleet Feet and have been very impressed with the care that they show in getting the proper fit, I've had a lot of problems with my feet that seemed to go away once I had shoes that fit better.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    JenNoel wrote: »

Seriously? Who online has ever spent time with you, analyzing your gait, helping you find the proper shoes so you can meet your goals? Who online lives in your community, employs people in your community who then take their paychecks and spend their money in your community? Small businesses have a huge impact on the economic health of your community. You should support them. And it is important to understand that the prices of the shoes are set by the manufacturer. They are not priced more at the smaller store.

As for your blanket statement, no one needs $80 inserts...maybe they weren't for you. But that isn't to say they are a waste of money. They have a specific function and can enhance the fit of your shoes.

For the OP, I'd opt to go to Fleet Feet as they are locally owned and very reputable. They stand behind their shoes and have very liberal return policies...they will work with you to get the best shoe for you and they will likely have a lot of information and products that will help you.

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! The fleet feet near me has good reviews so I'll check them out this week :)