30 day shred - advice?

Options
Hi,

I started the 30DS yesterday. I was sweating really badly, out of breath and struggling with some of the exercises. However, I woke up this morning and I didn't really feel any bad aches or strains. I just feel a little stiff. I read other people doing the 30DS start off really feeling the ache the next day.. Now this may be a stupid question, but am I doing it wrong? Should I be feeling big aches?
I find the punches really difficult, can't do a full set of the "easy" press ups, and the bicycle crunches are nigh-on impossible! I did try my best to keep up and finished the full class. Does anyone else struggle with these?

Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    When I do 30 day Shred, I am ok at 24 hours. The Second day is the worst for me.
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    I've just finished the 30DS. I was totally prepared for the 'help I can't move' feeling the day after, but never experienced it. I ached in some places a little bit, but never anything too painful! I pushed myself whilst doing it, starting off with doing the easier version of some exercises but aiming to get to the harder version by the end of the level (I still can't do proper push ups though!). I lost 6 inches and 10lb whilst doing it (combined with healthy eating and the odd extra bit of cardio).

As long as you are pushing yourself during the workout you'll see results. By the end of each level you will see huge improvements. Stick with it! :)
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i just started level 2 of the shred...and when i did the first day i really wasn't very sore...but then came day 2 and 3...and i just about died lol...do what you can..if you cant do a move don't push it because you could hurt yourself. i still cant do a real push up lol...and the bicycle crunches do get easier because at first they were really rough for me. but if you stick it out through the pain of the 2nd and 3rd day then it should get a little easier from there...oh and ive found that a protein shake after my workout helps my muscles feel better too...good luck :smile:
  • delainedecker
    delainedecker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the 30 day shred, however for me, there are some workouts that I feel the next day. Some workouts it's a couple days before I notice any burn from them and then some I don't necessarily even really notice any achiness! I don't think any of those indicates you are doing it incorrectly. I'm sure you're doing it just fine! And as long as you're progressing I wouldn't worry about being able to completely do every exercise perfectly. Make sure your form is correct so that you're not hurting yourself. But if you can't do As many, or whatever...no worries... you'll progress.
  • jo_3
    jo_3 Posts: 7
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday too and found i was a little achey this morning but i think that may be more due to the fact i am still continuing with my normal work out/classes. is it ok to continue with your same fitness routine plus also doing the 30DS or should you only do the 30DS to get maximum results?
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    The day after doing the shred, I was really surprised not to feel too sore and stiff when I woke up....but when I started doing day 2 of the shred...OMG, I definitely felt it!!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    I also felt it the worst on days 2 - 4. I found that if I was sore through out the day, if I took a few minutes to do the warm up stretches, I felt a lot better.

My results on the shred were pretty similar to others who have answered on this thread ( 9 Lbs) I agree with the protein shake (or bar) afterwards - it definitely helps.

Remember to drink your water!!!

I also think I was sore because I started off using 5 Lb weights.... it got much easier, though, so I don't think I was wrong. Everyone is different and starting these programs at different levels of fitness... so I wouldn't sweat it.

Good Luck!
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    I did day 2 yesterday morning, and by yesterday evening my thighs were aching like mad! Luckily the rest of me seems okay though. Let's see what day 3 brings!
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday too and found i was a little achey this morning but i think that may be more due to the fact i am still continuing with my normal work out/classes. is it ok to continue with your same fitness routine plus also doing the 30DS or should you only do the 30DS to get maximum results?

I think any exercise is good exercise, so as long as you aren't exhausting or hurting yourself, I can't see why you can't continue with other work outs. I'm going to continue my Zumba twice a week and my walking.