Intro - Janine (age37)

Options
Hi Everyone! I just found this site and joined today. I have been casually working at loosing weight for the past two years. But in the last 2 weeks I have finally forced myself to get real with myself about all the mental road blocks that I've had for 20 years regarding weight/food.

I started making my own excerise log last year, started working out at a gym last year, started walking on a regular basis 2 years ago and now I'm finally starting a food diary for the first time. That's how I found the site. I was logging my calorie intake for the first time ever. I am peri-menopausal and noticed that the pounds don't fall off anymore after switching a big dinner for a salad. Lots of things are changing in my body and with my health. So it's time for me to get serious about how important my intake is in being physically and mentally healthy.

This site is such a cool tool to use. It looks like it's combined all the different spreadsheets that I've made so far and has lots of info that I've been searchig for. So glad to be here. I have about 30 lbs. to loose still. Good luck to everyone using this tool.

Blessings,
Janine
(wife & mother -oldest child is 20, youngest is 3)

Replies

• beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Many good motivational people here. Feel free to add me
  • missak610
    missak610 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just found this site and joined today. I have been casually working at loosing weight for the past two years. But in the last 2 weeks I have finally forced myself to get real with myself about all the mental road blocks that I've had for 20 years regarding weight/food.

I started making my own excerise log last year, started working out at a gym last year, started walking on a regular basis 2 years ago and now I'm finally starting a food diary for the first time. That's how I found the site. I was logging my calorie intake for the first time ever. I am peri-menopausal and noticed that the pounds don't fall off anymore after switching a big dinner for a salad. Lots of things are changing in my body and with my health. So it's time for me to get serious about how important my intake is in being physically and mentally healthy.

This site is such a cool tool to use. It looks like it's combined all the different spreadsheets that I've made so far and has lots of info that I've been searchig for. So glad to be here. I have about 30 lbs. to loose still. Good luck to everyone using this tool.

Blessings,
    Janine
    (wife & mother -oldest child is 20, youngest is 3)

Good job with the journey so far. I've been off and on journeying for 6+ years. Every time, I have to start again, I say it's the last time I give up on myself. Then it happens again. I've been losing/gaining the same 50 pounds for all these years.

Good luck with your own journey!