Pregnant friends?

Options
Hi all - wondering if any MFP peeps are pregnant and looking for some company as we track our calories and nutrition during this important time? I want to make sure I am getting as close to 100% of my vitamins/minerals etc. as possible and slowly increasing my calories from one trimester to the next to gain the appropriate amount of weight in a manageable way.

Anybody in the same or similar position, feel free to drop me a line :)

Replies

• xplosivefitnessau
    xplosivefitnessau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 26w5d pregnant. Have re-ignited my MFP account to track calories and nutrients during pregnancy. Was using MFP before pregnancy for macro nutrient tracking, now in a similar boat as you, tracking for steady weight gain etc.

How far along are you?
  • zeedubz
    zeedubz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've used this app for years and now I'm using it to keep track of macros and nutrients. I'm 21 weeks. It definitely helps me keep an eye on my protein goal, which has always been hard for me to complete. I'm also diligent about recording exercise and syncing to my pedometer. Amazing how fast I'm gaining even with all the healthy habits! At least my doctor is happy with the gain. I guess I am too as long as baby is healthy.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Congratulations! I totally understand the desire to be as healthy as possible right now, but remember to be kind to yourself too. You're still human ;) and happy mamas make happy babies.
  • frankiinewbs
    frankiinewbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii! 14+3 here :) would LOVE a bump buddy! Will send a request across now
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas, you can all feel free to add me :) I'm 15w4d. I log pretty diligently and have been able to continue running and working out, albeit at a slightly lower intensity than before
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    22 weeks here. Can't wait until this is over lol.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 24+4 - I started 40 lbs overweight so with the approval of my doctor am attempting to maintain/limit weight gain as much as possible. I've been sitting around +8 for the last 6 weeks. My trick is to eat maintenance calories, and I eat exercise calories back if I'm hungry. I try to be active at least 3x per week. I'll add all of you, and anyone else is free to add me.

Also, check out Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant. There are lots of ladies in a similar mindset.
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am 10+6. I haven't posted any status messages about it yet, but would love to talk to others or join a group.
  • bmcnulty1990
    bmcnulty1990 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey girls
    7 weeks 3 days here .. I started up my account again to track my eating and make sure I'm gettin enough of the good stuff.
    I used to be really into tracking and gym a few months ago then tracking got to be annoying lol .. I'm at the point where I am starting to feel gross..tired and being turned off by a lot of foods especially meat.
    Would love to find someone close in progression to me and help each other and chat throughout our journey !
    Add me if you like :)
  • GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Why would you try to lose weight while having a baby, that is very selfish of you! Grow up
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why would you try to lose weight while having a baby, that is very selfish of you! Grow up

Because being obese can be a risk to pregnancy? Obese/overweight people who are pregnant are usually advised to try maintain weight and not gain as much who is healthy weight.
  • icecreammakesyoufat
    icecreammakesyoufat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I "just" (how long can I claim that?) had a baby on leap day this year. I tried to mostly eat healthy with a couple binges here and there. I won't lie. Give into those cravings every once in awhile. Being pregnant over the holiday season killed me. But I still only gained a total of 13 lbs my entire pregnancy (I had plenty to spare), and now 4 months later I'm already 20 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight for a total of about 30 lbs lost since having him. You can do it!

Also, I know easier said then done. But enjoy being pregnant. Babies are a whole lot easier on the inside then out...hence writing this at 4 in the morning.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

If you actually read the posts in this thread you would know that's not what anyone has said they are doing...
  • mermaidofmusic
    mermaidofmusic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I should have tried to control my weight gain during pregnancy...but I've enjoyed eating whatever I want far too much lol! Subsequently, I have gained 40lbs and I am currently 38+2 weeks pregnant, haha. Losing weight is next on my list straight after getting this lil baby outa me!
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just logged back in today to start tracking my calories. Went to see my Dr today and I'm down 6 pound from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am very overweight. PP weight was 290. I plan to try to maintain my current weight throughout the pregnancy. Dr said ideal gain would be about 10-15 pounds. Going to try my hardest! Currently 16 weeks! <3
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Reading comprehension.
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options

LOL

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Hahahaahaha, why would you comment on a thread you didn't read thoroughly?
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I am 9 weeks pregnant. I have already gained something like 1.5kg and I am freaking out. I've worked so hard to get my weight down and BAM! Now I'm pregnant. So I want to ensure I don't gain too much weight. It's my first pregnancy.
  • Megz1982
    Megz1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds normal as long as you're not overweight, even then I wouldn't be worried. You only have a few weeks left of the first trimester and they say 3-5 pounds is fine :). Sounds like you're doing great but talk to your doctor at your next appointment to be sure.