Calories?

Options
sexymom04
sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
How accurate is this with the amount of calories you should be consuming? I'm doing a program on bodybuilding.com and it tells me I should be eating more than 2000 calories a day but yet mfp says I should eat 1200??? Which is right?

Replies

• sheri_xoxo
    sheri_xoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. I used IIFYM.com
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Possibly both are right. With MFP, the 1200 are your base calories. When you exercise, you eat those back.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Depends on what each is calculating. MFP will build in the deficit you ask for (in terms of lb/week loss) but it won't assume you will do any exercise beyond the activity level you set. Other calculators may or may not give you a deficit built in to the goal, and they may or may not count exercise in.

You need to know what they are calculating before you know if there is actually a difference. Sometimes there can be - all of these are estimates, and there is more than one way to estimate.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    As the others mentioned, the 2000 calorie number no doubt includes exercise which is the TDEE method, where as MFP uses NEAT which does not include exercise in it's calculation.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I lost weight at the rate I wanted using MFP's calorie recommendation... with eating a portion of calories from exercise I did.