Been a member for ages just had a Gastric Sleeve

Options
Ive been a member on and off for quite a while with no real success so I decided to pay and have a gastric Sleeve abroad after 2 of my friends had amazing results
It's my 4 day im down 7lbs since last Friday and 5lbs since surgery and feeling fine
Bit grumpy tired and sore but looking forward to a healthier lifestyle from now on

Replies

• thefuturemrslillie
    thefuturemrslillie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the duodenal switch eight months ago and am down 135 since my date of surgery. Keep going and follow the guidelines. It gets so much better.
  • goosegoose1998
    goosegoose1998 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had the sleeve on May 9... have lost just over 40 pounds since April 25 when I started my pre-surgery diet. What's really been most amazing is I've not had to take my blood pressure meds since surgery! Would love to have a few more friends on here to interact with for support. Please send me a request if you're interested!
  • necoady
    necoady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm having gastric sleeve on August 31! Glad to know there are others out there who have already pioneered their way through :-)
  • a420ladyluck
    a420ladyluck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    having sleeve done 8/26
  • whatever_46
    whatever_46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, do you have to be a certain weight to get this procedure done? I know with things like weight loss pills you need to be a certain weight and fat%, but I wanted to do this mainly for unrelated health reasons. The weight management would just be a bonus. Lol.

Congratulations by the way! 7lb a week is amazing! If you keep up like that you'll be at your goal weight in no time. :smiley:
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have considered it but I have always been so scared if it goes bad
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been a member here for what seems like several years. Scheduled for the sleeve on Aug. 30th. Can I add you as a friend. I need all the information I can get. Thanks!
  • Humblebeginningsagain
    Options
    I have a friend who had the gastric sleeve done in Mexico about 5 years ago. Myself & a few friends felt that was rather risky but she has had a great recovery & continues to work at keeping a healthy weight. A constant process but she lost the weight, feels better , looks younger & would recommend surgery.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a lapband patient. I've had for 6 years and I wasn't successful at all. I'm looking into revising for a sleeve. I've had quite a few friends be super successful with this. Hoping my insurance helps me out with this...
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My sister has the lap band. February was a year. This month, she hit 75 lbs lost; it takes time and effort.
  • a420ladyluck
    a420ladyluck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im having sleeve in 2 weeks, from what i have read in a support group lots have failed from lap band and lots of drs dont do it anymore. seen lots of people get sleeve from band and do great
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who had the gastric sleeve done in Mexico about 5 years ago. Myself & a few friends felt that was rather risky but she has had a great recovery & continues to work at keeping a healthy weight. A constant process but she lost the weight, feels better , looks younger & would recommend surgery.

I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on Oct 14th in Tijuana, where did your friend go?

• jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done in Tijuana on Oct 11th and am down 11 lbs since surgery. Healing well, on full liquids. Have over 100 still to lose, have lost a total of 58 so far since july when I started changing my eating habits
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Way to go @jmarie1967 . I had the bypass two years ago. Yours is the honeymoon period where the weight just sheds off. A transformative time for sure. During those early weeks I focussed on at least eating my minimum, and I tracked my protein closely. I did not suffer hair loss like some of my surgery buddies.

After the honeymoon the hard work continues. Remember your lessons in tracking your intake.
    Best of success to you.