Why is my projected weight more if I ate less calories?

Options
So you know how when you complete your diary for the day, you get told what your weight will be in 5 weeks if you stick to that diet? Well I ate 50 calories less one day and my projected weight was higher than it was today, when I went a little over. Anyone know why? I still went over my sugars and carbs so idk...

Replies

• lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too- usually if I had exercised one day and not the next. That's all I can think of when looking at mine.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The "you would weigh this" thing doesn't really work. Just ignore it. There is no way a computer program can forecast your future weight loss, they should just get rid of it.
  • greatatboats
    greatatboats Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Was any exercise/activity logged for those days? My guess is that on the day you ate more you also burned a lot more so your net was less. For example, if we compare my active day yesterday to my lazy one today

Ate 1,567 - burned 417 = 1,150 net (....which I now see is a little low, whoops)
    Ate 1,386 - burned 71 = 1,350 net

So on the busy day my net difference was 200 less, even though I ate 181 more. Because my net was smaller, it'd project I'd be lighter if every day was like that.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It is an accurate prediction of what would happen IF you ate and exercised the exact same every day for 5 weeks. It's meant as a motivator and reality check so you can see the bigger picture.

Were your net calories higher or just your food?
  • edennapple
    edennapple Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is an accurate prediction of what would happen IF you ate and exercised the exact same every day for 5 weeks. It's meant as a motivator and reality check so you can see the bigger picture.

Were your net calories higher or just your food?

It was my net calories!
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The "you would weigh this" thing doesn't really work. Just ignore it. There is no way a computer program can forecast your future weight loss, they should just get rid of it.

I love it. I helps me stay motivated. I pay a lot morea ttention to it than to the numbers on the scale.