Amusement park rides

Options
martinah4
martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
No pics, sorry! But, here is my NSV. My husband buys season passes to an amusement park in Denver during the summer. There is a certain scary ride in the shape of a U, and you have to be very secured because you sit on something that resembles a skateboard platform that spins around as you're going up and down on the U. Anyway, being the thrill seeker that I am, I've always wanted to try this ride, but I told my husband that I was scared. The truth is, you have to fit into the seat, or they won't let you ride. So, this summer, at about 38 lbs less than last summer, I decided to try the ride. And, guess what? I fit! Not even snug. The shoulder bar came right down and locked, no problem! So happy, now I'm confident I can ride all the rides at the park! Bring it, Elitch Gardens!

Replies

• trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Have fun!!! Just don't do the "Mind Eraser" so you forget how to do all this!! haha!!! (I'm from Broomfield)
  • BuTTeRFLee
    Options
    ugh I still have the same problem with that exact same ride, I fit but my large chest doesn't fit so well. I am always embarassed when the employees at elitches have trouble buckling me in, it makes for an awkward situation for everyone involved, so I usually avoid the ride. When I do ride, I always make my husband push the bar down on me, and I never feel very secure. My goal is to lose enough weight to feel comfortable on that ride.....
  • martinah4
    Options
    We are going again this week! We do it for the kids, but it's been so uncomfortable for me. Especially when we do the water park at Elitches and I have to get into a swim suit. Ugh! Just shoot me now...
  • martinah4
    Options
    ugh I still have the same problem with that exact same ride, I fit but my large chest doesn't fit so well. I am always embarassed when the employees at elitches have trouble buckling me in, it makes for an awkward situation for everyone involved, so I usually avoid the ride. When I do ride, I always make my husband push the bar down on me, and I never feel very secure. My goal is to lose enough weight to feel comfortable on that ride.....

Yep, I have the big chest thing going on, too! I'm hoping the weight loss will reduce some of that. I think I've gone down an 1-1/2" in chest, but I want to get back to a C cup.
  • davejbrenj
    Options
    You go girl! Awesome job! Just remember, keep your eyes on the prize!
  • martinah4
    Options
    Thanks! I know, patience! Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling! In may we went to Cedar Point and I fit in all the rides! (except one was a bit tight) and the last time I went to a theme park they were almost impossible to almost hurting shoving myself in.. was a gret NSV and one of my main goals on here..

It feels good doesn't it!!! :)

Edit to say my butt was always my problem not my chest... I figure I'll always have a big butt there's no getting around it.. but at least I can tone it, get it smaller and make it look cute.. some people thing big butts are attractive if their not big fat ones, lol.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    There isn't much more embarrassing than not fitting on a ride. I had it happen at Sea World Orlando I fit fine a couple years before but had a baby between so had some extra weight. I had to wait for the next car to get in the "large" seat. That was a long few minutes. It seemed like 10 but surely wasn't that long.

What a great NSV to be able to not worry about it. I wouldn't even ride the Barnstormer kiddie coaster at Magic Kingdom that year with my daughter who was 2 but tall enough and wanted to go but only if I went. That is my goal to never have to worry about fitting ever again.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling all too well. I fit on most of the rides at the local park - but was going to get on 'The Bat'; but the bar that pulls down and clips into a seatbelt; wouldn't fit down over my belly. It's SOOOO embarassing to get out, and watch everyone on the car, and eveyrone else in line see you take the 'walk of shame' to the exit; because you don't fit into the ride.

Been there, and working so I will never be there again.
  • martinah4
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your horror stories! I'm encouraged by that, and the fact that we will all fit in the rides one day!! I'm comforted knowing that I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Good luck to you all! One day at a time, one pound at a time!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!

I know exactly how you feel, once upon a time I was too BIG for EVERY ride at the amusement park.....and finally now I can fit into them all!!
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! :D:D:D

I remember 2 months after I had my son, we went to a park and the ONE ride my sister wanted to go on, I said I would go on with her. My breastfeeding boobs would not fit the best. I got taken out of my seat an put into another. It was so embarrassing. When getting off the ride, a kid asked me, so they let you on? The only good thing is even though its 4 years later, I KNOW I would fit now!! But working to make sure I can fit into the kid rides so I can go with my son one day. I never even tried before!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!