new hopeful here

Options
Hello all, I went to the Dr. this week to discuss my plans to become pregnant this year, and she suggested I lose some weight first, for both my health as well as my future babies health, she suggested this website as a great tool to utilize, so here I am :)
I have tried so many things in the past to no avail, so I am pretty discouraged....hopefully with the help of this website I can change my life path

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck on both loosing weight and getting pregnant.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    This site is sure to help you lose weight! I've never been good with weight loss... but thanks to the tools this site provides... I lost 20 pounds! The motivation and support is amazing as well!!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey, and if you ever need a friend feel free to add me!

Good luck on getting pregnant this year as well :)!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    wow thats kinda cool that a DR suggested this site! :0) well i started last month and i love it. it is so easy to keep up with as long as you have the support of your MFP friends.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do it!
  • breezeski
    breezeski Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, good luck with both of your projects.
    I've been using the site for about 20 days.
    It takes a little time to get rolling. (data entry of your own foods and database searching of others) but it really starts to kick in. I try to update right after eating/drinking so I know the score for the rest of the day. If I get close to my total cal intake, I just stop taking in cals.
    I'm in no hurry. I'll drop it the same speed as I put it on: years.
    You may have another time schedule.
    Again - best of luck.
  • BuTTeRFLee
    Options
    Thanks for all of your supportive comments, I am really excited to get started and to watch that ticker go! I am already feeling a large amount of support