Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I log both!
  • hellolean
    hellolean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do WW, too. I'm going to start logging both today. Would love friends and support on here!
  • paulainks
    paulainks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I joined WW and today decided I would track in both MPF and WW. Glad to see others see value in doing both as well.

• NacoleO
    NacoleO Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers for 5 years. I lost a lot of weight on it. But over the last year I put back on some. So now I'm looking to lose 50 pounds. The last month I've been tracking ww smart points and on MFP. I too was only getting 900-1000 calories a day with my 30sp. So today I cancled my weight watchers online. I like the tools on MFP and the fact that its free. Lol!

Anyone looking for more friends feel free to add me. ☺
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I now go to wwers for the weigh ins and meetings but so mfp for the rest (I found on the new program I was at a plateau for a looooong time) and now mfp to track and for the AMAZING support
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have tried both WW and MFP. I struggle between which one works better or which one I should stick with. I'm notorious for switching plans mid week or mid month to "change it up a bit". WW restricts calories and so does MFP. I think if you stay under your points or your calories, you will see a change in your weight. Good luck to everyone!

This is me! I get frustrated though because I wish I could just commit to one or the other. Sometimes I think WW is a good fit when you are trying to eat healthier because MFP gives me so much room for unhealthy choices (which is also why I tend to go back to MFP mid week lol).

I have been a WW member for 3 months because I bought that much ahead but never used it. This was the first month being charged since then. I really am trying to figure out over the next couple weeks if I want to continue and if I can commit or I need to cancel.
  • MicheleGettingHealthy
    Options
    I appreciate all of the comments as I'm trying to decide between WW and MFP. Pros and cons to both but I can't make up my mind. Feelfree to friend me as I can use all the support I can get.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just re-joined WW in hopes that the stricter plan will help me stay on track better - I did the 3 month plan, it was "on-sale" and I am going to track in both apps so I have an idea of what macros work for me (if I actually lose weight). I plan on dropping WW after the 3 months is over. There used to be a way to add WW to MFP but it doesn't appear that it was updated after the Smart Points started, I think it was something a MFP user created.
  • takers65
    takers65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled weight watchers today and I was allowed 30 sp and when I entered what I was eating into my fitness pal, I too was only eating 800-900 calories a day. The past few weeks I have went back and forth with 2 lbs. I feel like that is too little calories a day because I exercise everyday as well. I'm here to give my fitness pal a try, plus it's free :smile:
  • garyltaylor80
    garyltaylor80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    weight watchers worked great for me. they let me know that there was still a way to eat the foods you love.
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs. on WW in 2011 and kept it off until moving across the country two years ago. Now I've put 30 lbs back on and am serious about getting it off again. I was double tracking and was concerned that it seemed like I wasn't eating enough calories on WW until someone pointed out that you also get weekly points. If you divide those by 7 and add them onto your daily allowance it puts you in a more healthy range. That being said, I just cancelled my WW membership (trying to save $) and will go exclusively with MFP.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP for a couple of years and got to goal (lost 60 lbs) by counting calories and a lot of exercise and weight lifting. Then I broke my arm and went to *kitten*! In three years, I've gained those 60 back plus another 15. I am going on a cruise in 3 months and decided to give WW a try for a 3 month program. While I like it, I can't wrap my head around not counting calories to lose weight, so here I am again. I will track my calories on here and points there. It's double the work, but I don't care. I have to do something!
  • kesenior3
    kesenior3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried WW in the past and have done so so. This time I'm feeling a bit more motivated. I've been on MFP for about 4 years now and sometimes struggle with making healthy food choices. So I've signed up for 3 months of WW. I do a quick add on MFP of all of my calories as they are counted for me on WW. This way I can ensure I'm under my calorie goal as well. I think once I start to see the weight fall off, I'll start worrying more about my macros. One week in and I'm down 8 pounds! So I'd say that so far, it's going great!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have been here on MFP for a couple of years and had some luck for various reasons(accountability being one). For being in a research study, they are paying for 6 months of WW online. Today is day two. It is definitely, encouraging me to eat more fruits and veggies. When I compared the two apps last night, I was out of points, but still had around 200 calories. I forced myself to brush my teeth and get ready for bed instead of eating more. I think this will be an adjustment for me. For those who have done WW in the past, have you ever eaten more fruits or veggies because you were hungry and they are mostly free, even though you didn't really enjoy it? It has crossed my mind.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You might have better luck in one of the Groups......

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107250-weight-watchers-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102107-weight-watchers

The new points system is quite a change. You can eat anything you want, but certain foods are prohibitively high in points now.....so maybe that's why you are under in calories (but not points) and hungry.
  • determinedtowin18
    determinedtowin18 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am on WW and looking to use both apps and make new friends...anyone interested pls feel free to add me