New Hair style??

Options
_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
So I have lost just over 60 pounds, and I am thinking I want to cut my hair... it is down the middle of my back now, and I want to cut it to my shoulders.

Has anyone else given themselves a make over or a new do after loosing the pounds?

Replies

• nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I havent because i havent lost enough yet but my mom did. her hair used to be past her butt and now its mid-back. she ended up cutting like 15 inches!! Made her look younfer too :0)
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Probably would be more comfortable to cut it for the summer.
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    June 3, 2010 my hair was to my waiste and I had it cut to my shoulders........... 22" to be exact. I had never done anything so extreme in my entire life, but was worth it. I had my cut donated to Locks for Love.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to cut my hair short, but havent lost that much weight yet, so when i get to my goal i will!! My hair is to the middle of my back atm and i always cut it to my shoulders but never shorter.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I haven't told my wife this yet but when I lose 40# I wanna go bald, don't tell her tho......
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i think shoulder length would be cute on you. maybe right under!! :0)
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I want to cut it like jennifer aniston had it when she was first on friends back in the day....
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't told my wife this yet but when I lose 40# I wanna go bald, don't tell her tho......

HAHA, I bet she already knows.. or she will when she reads this.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Go try on wigs and see what you like before making any big changes... There are so many options out there and your face is slimmer and so pretty. You never know what you might like!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I had mine cut when I hit my goal weight and now it is growing back out. I'm tired of it again and am trying to decide if I want it cut again or not. I think I'd like to try something shorter, but everyone keeps telling me not to do it. I was thinking a shoulder length bob with bangs. But, we shall see.
  • AnnaMar82
    AnnaMar82 Posts: 12
    Options
    Go for it! Remember- hair grows again!!! I cut my hair after just a 4 kilo loss as a motivation rather then a reward. I feel great now and it's given me a great boost. It was halfway down my back and now it's to my shoulders. I was so board with it before!
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    If you do it make sure to donate it! Once you go shorter you'll realize how much easier it is and you'll get hooked and keep going shorter! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You need 11 inches to donate! I just did it. Short hair makes me feel more athletic and spunky. Long hair makes me feel frumpy.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Do itlive dangerously!!!! It's only hair and it will grow back, I used to be a hairdresser and a new hairstyle can make people feel amazing, especially if you shed the kilos, shed the hair too
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Definitely go short!! Its so freeing and makes me feel very "french" lol! I went short gradually, had hair down below my shoulders, cut it into the chin length haircut Jennifer Aniston had on friends, and then decided just to cut it all off. The chin length hairstyle was definitely easier to style then my haircut now, so I would say, if you are thinking about cutting it into that style....definitely do it:)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I had my hair cut twice so far during my weight loss journey.
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Baby, if you lose 40 and wanna go bald, I'm behind you 110%. You'll be my own personal Mr. Clean! LOL I love you!
  • XMuffinXTop
    Options
    in your profile pic your hair is tucked behind and looks like a bob and i think it looks very pretty, i think it would really suit ya shorter. however i am just going by your pics. But i say if you dont try it youll never know!! well done btw on reaching your goal. xx
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Baby, if you lose 40 and wanna go bald, I'm behind you 110%. You'll be my own personal Mr. Clean! LOL I love you!
    So Erin must be Mrs Clean :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!