Before and after pics

Options
willburpeeforcookie
willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
I keep saying I wish I had taken before pics, but I have a long way to go so it's not too late. Every time I go to take them I just can't. I've never hated my body as much as I do now. I've always been over weight and always been comfortable in my skin at the same time. Losing weight is making me more insecure. I don't even want to take measurements because the number scares the crap out of me.

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Just take them! I was whining just the other day on a thread about how I wished I'd taken pics "before" when I was doing solely cardio before I started lifting. I know I've made significant changes to my body and shape and I have the measurements tracked to show it, but no pics.

Sometimes pics and measurements help us get a more accurate view of ourselves. The mirror can be deceiving at times. Don't be afraid of your measurements, either! They are just numbers and those numbers CAN be changed.
  • ckelly5634
    ckelly5634 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE motivator to see pictures of your "old self". I really struggle with eating right, so whenever I feel like going back to unhealthy eating I look at old pictures of myself. You should take pictures to track progress because the numbers are never enough. Good luck!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    i felt like this but one day after id been at the gym i came home and said "right its now or never" and got my husband to take a pic of me in my sprts bra and leggings........I was shocked when compared them to photos of me before I started, the difference was amazing even though id not seen it until then

TAKE THE PICS !! you wont regret taking them but if you dont take them then have nothing to look back and compare to you will regret it not having them to compare against
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things that seem scary become more controllable once you start tracking them. For me, I know I'm not doing what I should if I am avoiding my almost daily weigh-ins. Once i get back logging them, even if the weight is higher than where I would like it to be I can get a plan of action in place and tackle it.

Take measurements and pictures! No one has to see them but you after all :D until, of course you've totally kicked butt and want to post an awesome success story to inspire us all!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm 730+ days into my Weight Loss Journey and I hated/Loathed/Despised my previous appearance. But I think I would give my left arm to go back in time and take a side and front picture of my entire journey.

That's the one thing I wish i could change....
  • RayaQb
    RayaQb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I made sure I took pics, weight and measurements from day one. I started my journey on 5/23/16, I weight myself once a week and take measurements and photos once a month. I look forward to seeing my journey of losing weight. I've never been one to think I look nasty or hate myself for being fat. I may not be a size two but I'm one sexy lady and really don't care what people think of my appearance. You should not care either, you should love yourself no matter what size you are. Take the pictures girl and remember if you don't love yourself, how do you expect anyone else to love you.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Where I work, they took a group photo right around the time I started on this journey (about 10 months ago). That photo is hanging right beside the water cooler, where I go to at least 5 times a day. I'm standing in front in the photo. And you know, I'm not at all ashamed when I look at it. That *was* me. But now I look 100 times better, having lost over 80 lbs. For me, it's a good reminder of how far I've come. I started taking measurements after a couple of months, and that's been awesome too. Now I take pics every few weeks.

Take the pictures. Take the measurements. Be happy when you make progress :smiley: The pictures and measurements will help you when the scale doesn't co-operate.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did take before pics. And when I reached my first goal(to get under 200lbs) I took more pics and compared them. And let tell you...i cried like a baby for at least an hour!!! Happy tears! I could visibly see my progress and it was such an emotional ride!! My pics I don't take them with intentions of anyone but me seeing them. Honey, it's your body, you see it every day, so don't be afraid to take a pic for your eyes only!!!
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I finally did it, I had my husband take before pics. They are even more horrible than I imagined but I feel even more motivated. Thanks guys!