Need accountability partner

Options
Hi all! I have been on my weight loss journey for about 1.5 years and lost around 75 pounds. I hit a plateau, started eating and stopped exercising and gained almost 20 back. I started crossfit in late February and have been very consistent with exercise but I'm still struggling with my diet. The problem is, like many, I go to food for comfort and seem to have the worst issues with binging at night.

I am looking for someone that I can reach out to when I get into that binge eating frame of mind that will talk me down off the ledge. I would love to offer that support to you as well, I want both of us to be successful and be unafraid to reach out without judgement. We are all here for the same reason.

My goal is not to be a certain size, not to be "skinny", but to be comfortable in my own body and to be happy and healthy. I am a veterinarian, have one stepdaughter, 3 dogs and 3 cats, work with wildlife and have a deep interest and some skill in art. (I feel like I should also write I like long walks on the beach as well lol).

If you are interested in this mutual support please let me know! I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i would love to help out!
  • MsMaverick3
    MsMaverick3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Greydove, count me in. My habits are just like yours and though I've had a really tough year, I need to get back on track and stop using food to comfort me. Night time is not the right time to eat a days worth of calories but I manage to do it anyhow, lol. I really need help to start moving again. When I'm consistently exercising, eating less gets easier for me. I'd be happy to be a support partner in health. I too am less concerned with appearance- I just want to feel good and healthy again.

About me: 38, need to lose the 35+ pounds I've gained the past year and a half, used to be in healthcare and am figuring out the next career path, have 2 cats and a dog, love long walks but never take them and I used to live by the beach. My struggles are due to health issues that wrecked me physically: no thyroid now thanks to Graves dz, and a cervical disc herniation that made movement nearly impossible until recently. Not impossible to get beyond, but I sure could use some motivation and support. I'm happy to help cheerlead or talk off the ledge- I know it all too well.
  • 727Barb
    727Barb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need one too! Been looking for someone like me to help keep each other motivated.

I was doing half way decent losing until last year had to have surgery on my foot. Ended up bed ridden for months and here came back all the weight I had lost. It took me a year to get back up and moving. So now I'm starting over again, it's been quite difficult to stay on task.
  • MsMaverick3
    MsMaverick3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Barb, I totally understand. We can start over together. And since every day is a clean slate, we all get a chance to 'start over'. At least that's what I keep reminding myself :)
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I need this too! Add me all!! I fell off but I'm back
  • greydovelewis
    greydovelewis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All of you who are interested, how about texting as a group? We could have our own little support system and can reach out whenever there is a need? I know texting is easier and faster for me than going on MFP