Beachbody

Options
Hi Everyone,

There is a lot of talk about beachbody and the different programs. Coaches I'd like to know what you think the best program they offer for the following scenarios:

27 year old female, 175lbs. 5'0 would like to lose weight and tone.

29 year old male, 135 lbs. 6'3 would like to strengthen

25 year old female, 135, 4'8 would like to tone.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• fatcharlie
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

There is a lot of talk about beachbody and the different programs. Coaches I'd like to know what you think the best program they offer for the following scenarios:

Thanks!!!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know for myself also!

29 yr old female
    5'5
    130 pounds
    I need to tone, especially my mid section after having my baby!

Thanks
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Oooh, if there are coaches/trainers on the forum who would be willing to help us out, that would be AWESOME. Please, let us know if you'd lend us your wisdom.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'll see if I can find some of the coaches & send them this way. I have to say that I WAS a 26 year old 5'-7" female at 196 & with the help of Turbo Jam, I'm down to mid 150s right now. I LOVE it!
  • mdebroy
    mdebroy Posts: 30
    Options
    Good question. I want to know that one too!
    I'm 27
    5'7
    and I need to tone and lose a little too.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions! I have been using Beachbody programs for going on 2 years now! Just let me know how I can help! My info is in my profile!
  • tridude
    Options
    I am a coach for beachbody and I think a lot of it depends on your exercise experience.

For the:

I would suggest trying slim in 6 if you do not have a lot of exercise experience or if you do, I would move up to The slim series or maybe even Chalene Extreme.

I would suggest trying Power 90 if you do not have a lot of exercise experience or if you do, I would move up to P90X.

I would suggest, the same as above. Try slim in 6 if you do not have a lot of exercise experience or if you do, I would move up to The slim series or maybe even Chalene Extreme.

All these workouts are excellent.

Feel free to contact me.

Joe
    www.teambeachbody.com/tridude
    joe@windycityfit.com
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A lot of you choice is also going to depend on what you like to do. Beachbody has many different programs from dance-based, to kickboxing, to hard core lifting, to circuit training... it's really what you like/dislike all around!
    Like TriDude says... ChaLEAN may be a good program for you... P90 (Power 90) may also work (as that's what I started with and had some nice successes there! If you like to dance, however, you may get great results with Hip Hop Abs, Yoga Booty Ballet OR Rockin' Body!
    Again... backing up with P90 or P90X... however, ChaLEAN may also be in the cards, because you lift HEAVY and really gain strength with that program.
    For this... if you aren't really looking for weight-loss, ChaLEAN would be great! The Slim Series would be another great choice too!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    All in all... breakdowns...

BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE PROGRAMS (fully developed programs that come w/workout calendars and nutrition info):

~Power 90 (great for weight loss and strength gains... especially for someone who's never lifted before)
    ~Turbo Jam (high volumes of cardio, kickboxing/dance style, great for fat loss and some toning)
    ~Yoga Booty Ballet (for people who enjoy dancing and more of a yoga/pilates/dance approach... gets very "mind and body"... mostly designed for weight loss and some toning)
    ~Hip Hop Abs (for weight loss and some toning... great for people who like to hit the dance floor!)
    ~Rockin' Body (same as above, though the dance is a little less "hip hop" but more standard club dancing and endurance resistance training)
    ~Kathy Smith's Project You Type 2 (specifically designed for those with type 2 diabetes OR who may be at risk... this program is designed to help you lose weight and take control of your eating habits).
    ~10 Minute Trainer (designed for people who want to get some movement and strength training in their lives, but have limited schedules... it allows you to "stack" your workouts for the time allotted).

INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED PROGRAMS (fully developed programs that come w/workout calendars and nutrition info):

~P90 Master Series (a mid-step between P90 and P90X... great variety, lots of cardio and circuit weight training... best for those who've lifted free weights already and are good w/form)
    ~P90X (advanced, all around... it's a bootcamp/circuit/get in the best shape of your life program... designed for strength/muscle gains and fat loss... not really marketed as a "weight loss" program though, as you reeeeeally don't want a calorie deficit while working this program)
    ~Slim Series (intermediate to advanced... standard resistance training for the full body... light weights, LOTS of reps... great for toning up and slimming down)
    ~ChaLEAN Extreme(this program CAN be done by beginners too, as it's very well designed in teaching you how to properly lift... this program is designed to build muscle and burn fat! It's great!)

There are also lots of other programs by Beachbody that have been designed moreso as "add-ons" to their existing programs:

~P90X+ (extreme, extreme... for P90X grads only)
    ~Turbo Jam LIVE (beginner/intermediate) and Turbo Jam On the Ball (intermediate/advanced)
    ~Tony Horton's One on One (a monthly subscription that gets you one new workout per month... definitely intermediate/advanced... best if you've already done at least one Tony Horton program)

I KNOW I'm missing some in there... but this is off the top of my head.