How to reverse the damage of a binge.

Options
I binged on 5 130 cal granola bars, sweet bread, ice cream cone and 1 banana. Will the weight pack on tomorrow? I can't sleep because I have an event and I just binged the night before. I had some chips and I thought I blew it so I ate more. There's going to be a lot of junk and calorie dense foods tomorrow as it is a potluck. I want to avoid a binge tomorrow, but I'm worried that I'll think that it's ok to binge because I messed up my diet today. I did well this week except two days ago where I binged, but most of the time I work out and eat healthy and lost weight

Replies

• haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One day will not derail all your progress but it certainly wont help it. You have to slowly become more disciplined at your dieting. Be truthful to yourself and understand that if you want to achieve a certain type of physique you will have to make some small sacrifices there's no short cuts.
  • anyonebutjen
    anyonebutjen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I don't mind you posting here. I think this is a good place to seek advice. Binge eating is so so difficult. I have found reading about the disorder really helpful. I hope you get the support you need and don't listen to the haters
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I keep this on my phone...
    0ufdpb4470ev.jpeg
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I keep this on my phone...
    0ufdpb4470ev.jpeg

Wow, I have this problem. Its mostly under control bow but it still happens. I'm going to save this picture, thank you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you log your binge? If you didn't, go back and do that. Get a visual image of the 'damage' your binge did. (I hate using the word damage, because that isn't necessarily the case.)

Seeing the results sometimes helps prevent it next time.

Commit to logging everything BEFORE you eat it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Like you've been told with each of these threads that you start regularly, go get professional help. At this point I can only surmise that you are trolling for the attention, because you never return, you never listen to the advise, and yet you repeatedly post these same things. You need help beyond what can be accomplished by these forums. I wish you well. Go get help to deal with your relationship with food.

so true to all dat!