30 day shredders!

Options
2»

Replies

• sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ktamms15 wrote: »
    Love the shred, but i always face the same problem when I start it up again, MY SHINS HURT so bad on level 1! I know its from the jumping jacks/jumprope, and I dont know what else to do for that time that raises my heart rate, but doesnt involve jumping!

Maybe try jogging in place?
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love the shred, but i always face the same problem when I start it up again, MY SHINS HURT so bad on level 1! I know its from the jumping jacks/jumprope, and I dont know what else to do for that time that raises my heart rate, but doesnt involve jumping!

Oh man - for me it's my calves and the jump rope. Starting to get better now but the first three days were horrible.

I've also been using 8lb dumbells because that's all I have at the house, but find them too heavy for some of the movements (those horrible front raises with the side lunge? shudder!) so I've been doing the arm raises only for every other lunge on some of the sets. Definitely feeling the pain in my biceps and triceps this morning!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    mindyvolv wrote: »
    Is this a video?

It's a video of circuit training. Jumping jacks, push ups, squats, that sort of thing. Check YouTube.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Look for low impact jumping jacks (power jacks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1T-ff07kM

sadiepie05 wrote: »

Maybe try jogging in place?

No......jogging in place will just irritate your shins further. You need to get off the balls of your feet.
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My calves have been like molten lava. Lol dash you can try using soup cans or water bottles for that side lunges if need be! Girl idk how you are using 8lb I'm using 5 and I'm dead! Lol
  • gsm12
    gsm12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazon has some very reasonable priced weights, also. I usually switch between 3lb, 5lb, and 6lb depending on the moves (agree-those front raises are the worst!)
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Believe me, new weights are high on my priority list for things to do this weekend! I'm in Canada so shipping for things like that on Amazon is unreal. I wonder how to track "lugging a bunch of dumbbells around the store like a maniac" to my tracker :D

That's a good suggestion about the soup cans in the meantime. On the other hand, I'm super happy that I can seem to do the rest of the movements with the 8s but I know that I won't be able to keep that up through levels 2 and 3.