In need of motivational friends!

Options
Fammy04
Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
A little over four years ago, I was only 3 lbs away from my goal weight of 130lbs. Because of a job that I gradually began to despise, I found myself suffering major anxiety attacks and suffering from depression.
Now, I'm 162 lbs and miserable. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to focus on healthy eating and exercising regularly. I'm searching for others to provide emotional support and motivation. I'll be doing the same for anyone in need. Let's be friends. :)

Replies

• mborckardt2
    mborckardt2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am a comfort food eater. A very busy, high stress job resulted in too much fast food and not enough home cooking. Time for a change.... We can DO this!!!
  • Fammy04
    Options
    I too am a comfort food eater. A very busy, high stress job resulted in too much fast food and not enough home cooking. Time for a change.... We can DO this!!!

Not to mention lots of junk food. :( Ugh, time to think healthy thoughts! Oh yeah, we got this!
  • Ndestructible
    Ndestructible Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've gone through the same situation where I had gone through depression had gained weight. However, I'm about 3 months into eating healthier and getting at least 3 days of exercise in a week. More if I have the time. I have a ways to go but I feel so much better and I've even stopped taking my antidepressants! Good luck, you can do this!! ;)
  • Fammy04
    Options
    I've gone through the same situation where I had gone through depression had gained weight. However, I'm about 3 months into eating healthier and getting at least 3 days of exercise in a week. More if I have the time. I have a ways to go but I feel so much better and I've even stopped taking my antidepressants! Good luck, you can do this!! ;)

Thank you! And best of luck to you as well. You're doing such a good job already, so keep up the great work. :)
  • mborckardt2
    mborckardt2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5 Steps to Take Control of Food Addiction - Hello HealthyHello Healthy http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-steps-to-take-control-of-food-addiction/
  • Amathew92
    Amathew92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too gained my weight through depression. I was rediagnosed with a more serious form two years ago and though I tried my hardest to maintain, it's been impossible. You become to exhausted to cool, so you don't eat regularly and when you do, it's convenient crap you've bought instead of prepared for yourself. And then there are the meds :shudder: my first ten pounds happened in a manner of weeks because of a medicine the doctor had me try. It's been down hill since--but no more!! Feel free to add me if you'd like a motivational buddy :). Weight loss is always harder when it comes to the mental and emotional component!
  • milliasmomma
    milliasmomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Through my journey I have come to realize I too am an emotional eater!! I have always been active.... but you can never out run a bad diet!! :lol: So I am working hard on clean eating (more protein, less carbs; more veggies, less fast food/junk!) I'm usually on my phone not my computer... so if you want to add me as a friend we can stay positive and help encourage each other!! :heart:
  • ivette423vc
    ivette423vc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater! Trying to change my eating habits and would love more friends, so feel free to add me!. :smile: