please help, am i eating too much? advice needed!

Options
im trying to stick to 1200 calories,
today i ate:

i had 2 sachets of porridge with low fat milk for breakfast
then 1 orange for snack
for lunch i had egg white with ham on mulitgrain bread
then 1 orange for snack
then for dinner i had 2 servings of spaghetti bolognaise
then another orange (ive had an 'orange' obsession recently :/)

i have trouble with calories, i see other people eating all sotrs of food and it totally at a small amount, but when i total its alot! please help me, what should i eat/not eat and anything else, it would really help! thankyou!

also feel free to add me, im new and need motivation/help x

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    then for dinner i had 2 servings of spaghetti bolognaise :
    That could be hundreds and hundreds of calories...I'd start there. There also doesn't seem to be any vegetables in your diet...that would be helpful too.
    Get some exercise in!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many calores did that come to?
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Are you putting your calories into your diary?
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just do what MFP says when you set up your goals. Usually it's best to stick to 1lb a week loss, and MFP will adjust your goal calories depending on how much exercise you do. The more you burn the more you're allowed to eat. Eat back your exercise calories as MFP has already worked out a calories deficit for you.

Enter ALL the food you eat as well as your drinks into the food diary. Do this EVERY day. You should start to see some improvements after 1-2 weeks.

The less weight you have to lose, the slower the process is likely to take so hang in there!!!

Weigh yourself about once a week and use a tape measure and record your measurements. If you seen no progress at all after a month, ask the boards for more help.

xx
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any cardio?
  • taylorwantstobehealthy
    Options
    yes i did, i burnt 700 calories in the gym which obviously makes everything better, but i want to work on my eating!
  • Hixena
    Hixena Posts: 24
    Options
    its best not to eat too much fruit, its full of natural sugars which can actually cause weight gain, i limit myself to fruit every other day and then its only a handful each of blueberries and raspberries, or a banana, but i make sure to eat veg every day (carrot sticks, celery, peppers, cherry tomatoes)

i tend to eat loads of low cal snacks and have small main meals, i feel like im always eating but i still only hit around 1100cals. its better for you because its keeping all your blood sugar levels constant.
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    I think that I am in the same category as you, eating too much that is. :flowerforyou:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    yes i did, i burnt 700 calories in the gym which obviously makes everything better, but i want to work on my eating!

You need to record this in the food diary too, MFP will then adjust your goal cals for the day. Log ALL your food and ALL your exercise. Eat back as much as you can and be as close to the goal cals as possible. If you're not happy with how much your losing check your diary settings, it's best to stick with 1lb a week loss but if you're seeing no results at all after a month or so, you may wish to aim for more.

Keep the faith and stay with it, best of luck, add me if you like.

xx
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Sounds fine to me apart from your 2 portions of dinner.....did you make the spag bol yourself? you could look at switching the mice for turkey mince or Good Food magazine do a "recipe makeover" where they substituted half of the mice for black or green lentils. This was for cottage pie, but I've tried doing it with chilli and it works really well, the amount of cals (and fat) you save is amazing. I'm sure it would work similarly for spag bol too..... I'll dig out the details when I get home if anyone's interested?