Breakfast?

Options
lausa22
lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
I live at home with my parents and my dad has taken all my fruit to work :(
Now I'm struggling to find something to eat that's low carb! All we have is cereal and bread for breakfast.

Any suggestions for what I can put together?
Or do you think I should skip breakfast and eat my lunch early, so I can have lots of veggies?

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with having the veggies for breakfast?
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Eggs? Errrmm maybe a protein shake? sorry not much help :)
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Yogurt with seeds and honey?
    Omelette
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Do you have milk? Yogurt? Any frozen fruit? If so, you could make a smoothie,

Oatmeal?

If you have absolutely no good breakfast food, eat something non-breakfasty - like a sandwich. But do eat!
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    Don't skip meals.... you need to eat something to keep up your metabolism. if you eat at home try egg whites and veggies there is nothing wrong with that
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't skip breakfast - ever.

A few more carbs than normal won't harm in the morning. what about a glass of milk and some plain toast? an Omelette?

Do you take protein shakes or bars?
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    veggie omelet or scrambled eggs?

I had my version of healthy homemade Mexican food for breakfast yesterday and it was delish. So maybe just do a nontraditional breakfast. I hate skipping breakfast, totally jacks my day up
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Haha, it just seems odd to eat, like, a cauliflower in the morning! Guess there's nothing wrong with it really :)
    I have yogurt, I could have a few spoonfuls of that! (totally forgot yogurt could be breakfast)
    Currently out of eggs too, otherwise I'd have a boiled egg :(
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Two eggs with cheese, scrambled.
    Hasbrowns.
    1 cup of blueberries.

448 cals.
  • dominionite
    dominionite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a "breakfast skipper" but no more. don't skip! I read an article on how skipping breakfast keeps you at a slow metabolism for the whole day and actually makes you gain weight! If i can find the article i'll post a link, but it's what sumo wrestlers do to gain :( Once i read that i went out and bought some breakfast foods!!!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Egg whites are delicious.
  • jase369
    jase369 Posts: 14
    Options
    Here a good, filling and low-calorie breakfast:

(3) eggs scrambled, but toss two yolks (so its 1 full eggs, 2 egg whites) - 90 Calories
    (2) slices of Arnold Bakery light Wheat or Pepperidge Farm Light Style Whole Grain Bread (either of those should be 45 calories a slice) - 90 Calories
    4 oz Orange Juice (buy the kind with Pulp, its more filling) - 51 Calories
    4 oz Fat-free Milk - 40 Calories

Total Calories - 271 and you may actually be full. Throw on a slice of cheese if you must but that will add another 80 calories, something I rather save for lunch or dinner.

Thats basically my every day breakfast plus a coffee.

Good luck! :smile: