Body Comp getting worse?

Options
Hi everyone. So I've been in attempting to bulk the last month seriously. My weight hasn't changed at all, which doesn't surprise as I struggle to hit my numbers. Usually around 500 below the suggested. But I'm not losing but my body comp seems to be getting worse over the last month

Replies

• jaycecameron1
    jaycecameron1 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    o0i4q1090nyc.jpeg
    cjyrrjozw84o.jpeg
    Here's a photo from a month to this morning
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking measurements? Are your lifting stats improving?
  • jaycecameron1
    jaycecameron1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp yes. Lifts are definitely increasing the last month
  • usmcmp
    Options
    The lighting and pose aren't close enough to compare. Start taking pictures in the same light with the same posing.

Do front straight on (flexed and unflexed), side and back.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    @usmcmp yes. Lifts are definitely increasing the last month

Then keep it up and work on eating more.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone. So I've been in attempting to bulk the last month seriously. My weight hasn't changed at all, which doesn't surprise as I struggle to hit my numbers. Usually around 500 below the suggested. But I'm not losing but my body comp seems to be getting worse over the last month

It's been 4 weeks and no weight loss or gain? So, even though you might be 500 below what mfp says, that 500 below is your real maintenance.

So, I would suggest adding one shake a day for 200-250 calories since 500 seems to be a lot for you from what I gathered from what you wrote. Later add more as you get comfortable, remember it has to work for you and your lifestyle.

That is like a cup of milk and some protein powder. If you don't want to do protein powder, use ice-ream or something you want in the form of a shake since it's easier to drink calories.

Also give it some time, usually strength comes and then the weight comes. You should put on some mass eventually you're in the perfect position to do so. It does look like you gained some fat in the second picture( the bottom one), but it's hard to tell, pictures don't really do justice. People are often bigger than they appear in person.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No the lighting is not that great.. and perhaps standing in the first photo you were hunching down a little bit..but i do see some fat loss or perhaps less "fluffy" in the second one.

If you are having trouble hitting your calories, try some calorie dense foods or even drinking your calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Keep going and do not stop! I see good things are about to happen!! :)