new to this and preggo- how should i go about this?

Options
currently 13 weeks pregnant, do i just add 500 more calories a day? any advice?

thanks!

Replies

• jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is talk to your doctor!!!!! Everyone is different, so to give you any advice may put you and your baby in danger... Congratulations!!!!!
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    It is very possible to lose weight while pregnant and still have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

You need to make sure you are hitting your calorie goal + an extra 300 calories/day for baby. You can continue to work out but I would be sure to run all your workouts by your doctor. As long as *you* are losing weight and your baby is growing and healthy it's completely ok!

When I was pregnant with both of my girls I lost weight. My doctor reviewed my diet and said that it was very healthy and plenty of calories.

Also, it would probably be a good idea to make an appt. with your gyn to go over your situation specifically.
  • mrshalltb
    mrshalltb Posts: 10
    Options
    i dont know how it goes about calorie wise, but if you speak to your doctor and just eat healthy throughout the pregnacy, you should be ok

Congrats also
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    no. its not 500.1st trimester you add no extra. second, you add 350, and third you add 450.
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Ask your doctor how many calories he wants you to eat and than set your daily calorie goal to that. Please take the time to do this. Nutrition is VERY important in the development of a baby. Yes you can loos weight while pregnant, but you need to be realistic. If you are over weight than they will only want you to gain 25 pounds while pregnant. If you are normal weight or under weight that number will be more. Very few people don't gain weight while pregnant. I know a few people who where obese prior to getting pregnant, but in being pregnant decided to take perfect care of their body and did in fact loose weight. The thing that is MOST important when you are pregnant is to be healthy and eat a well rounded diet. Please make sure you check with your MD while pregnant and trying to loose weight. They will guide you on the # calories you need to eat for the baby to grow healthy. This number changes each trimester. Also, make sure to take a multivitamin! I know you will do well and congratulations on your soon to be new addition! I think it is great you are trying to loose weight and be healthy while pregnant. Had I done the same I would not be in the seat I am now. :-) Good luck!!!!!