Hey everyone!

Options
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm Torry. I'm 39 and I'm trying to lose 100 pounds. I have thyroid issues which make my weight fluctuate, but I'm so ready to try and get healthy. I'm 5'11" and over 300 pounds. I never thought I would end up this big, but here I am. I need some friends to help keep me motivated. I also could use some advice on how I should eat. Nice to meet everyone!

Replies

• jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi hope all ok with you
  • jbrady574
    Options
    Hi I'm jim from Liverpool new on here
  • jbrady574
    Options
    Exercise plenty of sleep a good calorie controlled diet all good , a programme at a gym is good
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hi i needed to lose 64lb 20lb done in 4 months and found just logging everything i ate and drank really helped .
    Don't cheat but scan everything try not to set your cal's too low at the start and don't get hung up if you go over for the first few weeks just get used to logging.
    After a few weeks try and keep under the cal limit again the odd day over is not a big problem at the beginning this will help stop you feeling like you are failing until you are used to it all.
    I found scanning items when i was shopping made me think twice before putting them in the trolley , eating more salads allows me to eat more of the things i like with it. good luck with your journey you have done the hardest part.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi Torry - I have a thyroid issue as well and I know how frustrating it is with the ups & downs and slow weight loss, but we can do it! We just have to be really patient, because it will be slower for us. Feel free to friend me, and good luck!
  • singlemom_on_a_mission
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat. 35, way bigger than I ever dreamed and have at least 100 to lose. We can do this!!
  • torryhutton
    torryhutton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying. Its nice to have other people around who know the struggle!
  • redesign125
    redesign125 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too. I have already found a lot of support and encouragement. You got this (:
  • jbrady574
    Options
    Hi redesign
  • torryhutton
    torryhutton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Again thank you